• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

May 2018 Forum Update

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

OK Beloved & Highly-Respected Admin Gods (referred to hereafter as B&HRAG), I have a couple of questions:

1. How do I make myself an avatar, and
2. Why am I not allowed on the Senior Members' Forum (given that many members on this forum have less seniority than I do)?

Thank you, I will be eternally grateful if you can answer these questions. :)
When I went to my account page and discovered I had the avatar option, I found the instructions were clear. I also, at the time, thought everyone was given the same option and was a bit surprised to see that they weren't.

The administrators might have wanted to see if I could figure it out first - if I could do it, anyone could. Haha. :)

The senior forum is brand new and is not actually supposed to be spoken of outside the senior forum.

I cannot figure out the avatar selection process but it is definitely not based on seniority or post count.

quincy

I really like the idea of a Senior Forum (although will admit to be oddly peeved that some posters are able to get Senior Status seemingly overnight regardless of the validity of their posts, but that's MY issue to deal with).
We had several spammers here not too long ago (before the forum updates) who all achieved senior status in one night of spam postings, so I guess it shouldn't be too surprising that prolific posters of drivel can become senior members, as well. ;)

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
However.... the other day, I came across the Senior Forum, was able to browse & read. Now I can't even find it.... It makes me... sad... left out.... blue. Boo hoo.

eerelations

Getting paranoid here! I recently received an email from Mary stating that all senior members are going to be expected to adhere to new - and elevated - standards of politeness and helpfulness. If any senior members didn't adhere to these standards, some kind of disciplinary action would be taken. While this email seemed to be directed at all senior members and not just me personally, I did respond that while I understand I am not an angel in the area of polite 'n' helpful, I would do my best going forward to tone down my less-than-polite-and-helpful responses. And I have! I've done well at this! But maybe I need to practice more before I'm allowed to have an avatar? And be considered a true Senior Member?

quincy

Can't find an avatar selection process in my profile.
You'll see the avatar feature when it's available to you. It is pretty obvious when it's there.

The senior forum is invisible to all who aren't granted access - and I think visibility must have some connection to the avatar feature? Beats me.

I received the same message, by the way, eerelations. I believe we all did.

And, stealth, you are not the drivel-er (autocorrect hates that word) that crossed my mind. :)

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
The senior forum is invisible to all who aren't granted access - and I think visibility must have some connection to the avatar feature? Beats me.
Apparently not. I have avatar privileges and had no idea that there is a senior forum. I just specifically looked around for it and don't see it.

Just Blue

Getting paranoid here! I recently received an email from Mary stating that all senior members are going to be expected to adhere to new - and elevated - standards of politeness and helpfulness. If any senior members didn't adhere to these standards, some kind of disciplinary action would be taken. While this email seemed to be directed at all senior members and not just me personally, I did respond that while I understand I am not an angel in the area of polite 'n' helpful, I would do my best going forward to tone down my less-than-polite-and-helpful responses. And I have! I've done well at this! But maybe I need to practice more before I'm allowed to have an avatar? And be considered a true Senior Member?
All of us received that...Deserved (me) or not (you). :p

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">