• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MD Law questioning concerning Minors and Adults

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isis1

I read them all too. While I loved them, all I could think the whole time was "Well this is where teenagers will get their stupid ideas from". Real live and love doesn't happen like that. I CANNOT wait until New Moon. Have you seen the werewolf pack!? OMG, I am drooling sooooooo bad. Those boys are HOT! I hope that I'm not drooling over any youngsters! :eek:
jacob....awwww...since he's a minor, i'll say he's adorable! i have an odd crush on american indians. something about that long pretty hair. i'm probably just jealous.

without spoiling it for non readers.....i did fall off the couch during the last book....when Bella woke up from her transition....and found out about jacob and her uh... agh! i'll stop.

this thread has really derailed.....:eek::eek:

Rushia

Now, now ladies are we acting like cougars:rolleyes:. You should have seen the waiter at Corner Bakery, today!!!
Naw, I'm happily married. I look but don't touch.

jacob....awwww...since he's a minor, i'll say he's adorable! i have an odd crush on american indians. something about that long pretty hair. i'm probably just jealous.

without spoiling it for non readers.....i did fall off the couch during the last book....when Bella woke up from her transition....and found out about jacob and her uh... agh! i'll stop.

I don't drool much over Jacob. I remember him as Sharkboy and I thought I'd die of boredom when I took DS to see it.

Seriously derailed. I'll hook you up with another site I go to so we can talk about it.

Proserpina

im talking minor and minor,,,,,in general if one get the other pregnant,,,,i never hear the minor female's parents going after the minor male who impregnated their minor daughter to send him to prison
Maybe you're just not not listening well enough?

If anything it's the opposite; even in minor/minor relationships it's far more common to see the male prosecuted than the female (assuming charges are even filed).

(Some jurisdictions won't file charges at all if two minors are involved - it depends a great deal on what usually happens in a particular location)

Proserpina

(and as it has, allow me to join in ;) )

I have two words for ya, La Bella....

Adam Beach.

(we don't have a "hubba hubba" emoticon, do we? No? Drat)

LdiJ

Maybe you're just not not listening well enough?

If anything it's the opposite; even in minor/minor relationships it's far more common to see the male prosecuted than the female (assuming charges are even filed).

(Some jurisdictions won't file charges at all if two minors are involved - it depends a great deal on what usually happens in a particular location)
Actually, if its a minor vs minor case and the state has no age differential laws that apply in a minor vs minor case, or they are within the age differential laws, then most of the time a DA would have to charge BOTH minors with sexual misconduct.

So...if two 15 year olds make a baby and both are under the age of consent, BOTH would have to be charged...or neither. Or if the age of consent is 18, and one child is 15 and the other is 17, and the age differential is 3 years...then again, BOTH would have to be charged or neither.

That is why we don't see charges when both children are minors...because its complicated. However, if it was a 13 year old and a 17 year old, its quite likely that in most states the 17 year old could be charged without the 13 year old being charged.

In my state the age of consent is 16, and there is no age differential. So no one could be charged with statutory rape if the other party was at least 16. However, if the parents got a restraining order against the other party, a judge would come down HARD on that party..and would come down massively if the party was 21 or older.

Proserpina

Actually, if its a minor vs minor case and the state has no age differential laws that apply in a minor vs minor case, or they are within the age differential laws, then most of the time a DA would have to charge BOTH minors with sexual misconduct.

So...if two 15 year olds make a baby and both are under the age of consent, BOTH would have to be charged...or neither. Or if the age of consent is 18, and one child is 15 and the other is 17, and the age differential is 3 years...then again, BOTH would have to be charged or neither.

That is why we don't see charges when both children are minors...because its complicated. However, if it was a 13 year old and a 17 year old, its quite likely that in most states the 17 year old could be charged without the 13 year old being charged.

In my state the age of consent is 16, and there is no age differential. So no one could be charged with statutory rape if the other party was at least 16. However, if the parents got a restraining order against the other party, a judge would come down HARD on that party..and would come down massively if the party was 21 or older.
There are more than a couple of cases in Delco, PA - fairly recently - where only the minor males - the three I'm recalling were 14, 15 and 15 - were charged in three different minor/minor cases. The girls in question (and yes, they were all pregnant) were 13, 15 and 14 (the last one may also have been 15 - I'm searching for the records in the meantime) and were not charged.

I'm not entirely sure of the results in these cases (yet) so can't really comment on the trends in conviction and sentencing.

(And I will double-check the nature of the actual charges - PA can be a bit weird)

(and on another note I have a really weird question for you - all I have to do is remember what the heck it was and tell you about it!)

Last edited:

LdiJ

There are more than a couple of cases in Delco, PA - fairly recently - where only the minor males - the three I'm recalling were 14, 15 and 15 - were charged in three different minor/minor cases. The girls in question (and yes, they were all pregnant) were 13, 15 and 14 (the last one may also have been 15 - I'm searching for the records in the meantime) and were not charged.

I'm not entirely sure of the results in these cases (yet) so can't really comment on the trends in conviction and sentencing.

(And I will double-check the nature of the actual charges - PA can be a bit weird)

(and on another note I have a really weird question for you - all I have to do is remember what the heck it was and tell you about it!)
I wonder if they are being charged with actual rape, rather than statutory rape or sexual misconduct? If there is a claim that the sex was not consentual at all, even with the minor not having the capacity to consent, that would make sense.

Otherwise, there is some discrimination going on there.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">