• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mechanic Overcharge/Retaining Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jeremyalters

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? TX

I live in Arlington Tx and I took my chevy s-10 to have an Ls1 motor swap in Ennis Tx. The owner wrote an estimate on the repair order at between $2,500-$3,000 plus parts. I gave them $4700 total. Now he is saying that I owe him an additional $4200 for hourly labor rates plus minor parts that he refuses to give receipts for. He refuses to give an itemized list of everything. And, he says that he will not give me my truck unless I give him all that he is asking. I have the original repair order and estimate. On the copy that he presented recently, he has added numerous items that I did not authorize. This work was promised in a month's time. It has now been 10 months and the work is still not complete. The original parts were supposed to be stored and returned to me with the truck. Upon observation at my recent visit, I noticed that several parts were missing and the original, fully functional, engine was left in the weather to rust. I returned to the shop to take pictures and noticed that the work was still not complete. The shop lost the keys and said that I removed them from the shop. They threatened to break the steering column to move the truck. I drove by the shop today and noticed that my truck is no longer on the premises. I am uncertain if this falls under small claims for the difference of the repairs or, if this is a bigger case because of the value of the truck ($26,500).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">