• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.


Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I live in Illinois. Last Aug. (1999) I gave birth to a 7lb. baby. No complications, 2hrs second stage of labor. Baby was delivered face up with forceps. (against my will....I requested NO forceps be used....)In a nut shell; 4th degree tear, rectal/vaginal fistula. Repair of sphincter in Oct. (by the ob/gyn) Break down of that, Hospitalized (2 wks) for fecal impactment due the the falure to irrigate the colon prior to repair. Now have permanent damage to rectal muscle (incontinance) and vaginal ring was sewen up to tight not allowing intercourse. These are just the highlights. The statute of limitations runs out Aug. 7, 2001. I know of several other women who have suffered injury due to the departure below the standard of care from the so called physician. Can any one refer me too, or suggest any HOMEWORK that I can do to help this case get filed?
Thank you
PS. I have seen 2 malpractice att. who state that the Doc that looked over my records felt that even though they felt the care was "sloppy" and i quote, and his records inpersise (sp?), I may not be FINANCIALLLY wise for that attorny to take the case. This was also before I found out about the "possible permanent damage". I have found a doctor in chicago that MAY be able to re-do the surgery and fix the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential