• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical and hospital bills

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

flaman

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Florida
If I'm unable to pay hospital bills, can they go after my wife's money in her bank account, which is not under my name?

Autorizerm

Almost any and all debt that pertain to you will be yours to account for unless you're dead. Then it may pass to your family in certain situations.

latigo

Almost any and all debt that pertain to you will be yours to account for unless you're dead. Then it may pass to your family in certain situations.
Would you care to further entertain us with your mental skills by describing a "situation" in which a debt owed at the time of a person's demise might "pass" to the deceased's "family" solely because of kindred?

Any particular surviving family member to whom the burden shifts? Or do they all share the debts of the deceased proportionately? How about the minors in the family and the sick and enfeebled, them too? Or were we just browsing for anything "free"; landed here and are now talking out of the back of our heads?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">