• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Medical appointments

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
That may be so, and I'm not arguing that point. I just thought that chastising her for "making appointments on Dad's time" was a bit over the top if she's talking about a standing appointment that's the same each and every week. Especially if she has the exclusive decision-making rights for medical and psychological appointments. We're some of us a bit too quick to be accusatory about things we know only a paragraph or so about.
Reread please -- I ASKED HER if she was making appointments on dad's time. And if she was.... But her exclusive decision making rights do not allow her to intrude upon dad's time. And if dad were here, I would be telling dad to do what was right for the kids depending on the distance between him and the provider-- take them to the appointment unless he was going to be out of town on vacation and realize the importance of it. If the distance were great, I would tell him to at least allow telehealth appointments.

Taxing Matters

Overtaxed Member
If she is scheduling the appointments on his time, she is in the wrong.
I agree that she needs to schedule it on her time, if that's possible under the custody arrangement that is now in place. But if therapy is needed on a regular basis some of those might have to be scheduled on his time. In that case she has a legitimate complaint.

I just thought that chastising her for "making appointments on Dad's time" was a bit over the top if she's talking about a standing appointment that's the same each and every week.
That's the kind of situation I had in mind for when she has a legitimate beef with the ex about shrugging off the therapy.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I agree that she needs to schedule it on her time, if that's possible under the custody arrangement that is now in place. But if therapy is needed on a regular basis some of those might have to be scheduled on his time. In that case she has a legitimate complaint.

That's the kind of situation I had in mind for when she has a legitimate beef with the ex about shrugging off the therapy.
But then she needs to get a court order stating that dad has to cooperate with therapy and ensure the children make their therapy appointments consistently during the summer -- be it through telehealth or in person. It is also possible that she gets time each week or every other week with the children during the summer and she can use that for counseling.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
It is also possible that she gets time each week or every other week with the children during the summer and she can use that for counseling.
IF she gets that time, sure. But until we know if she does or not, I stand by my response that yelling at her for "scheduling on Dad's time" is out of line.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
IF she gets that time, sure. But until we know if she does or not, I stand by my response that yelling at her for "scheduling on Dad's time" is out of line.
Didn't yell at her. I asked a question and responded to such.

cbg

I'm a Northern Girl
My point is that you didn't give her a chance to respond before telling her she was wrong. But you're right about one thing, for whatever reason she hasn't returned to explain. So until she does, it's pointless to guess.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">