• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mharty's post.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
LOL Good job.

Seriously, trashing someone's home is not a sign of "being in touch with oneself." Nor is trying to blame said trashing on someone else's words "taking responsibility for one's actions."

M

mharty

I never once claimed that anyone other than myself was responsible for the damages done. My question was meant to ask whether or not any incidents or actions (some legal, some not) which took place prior to the arrest were relevant to the courts. All you had to say was no, didn't ask for a phsycoanalysis. Just because I've already been bashed for my whining, maybe it's time a give you a better picture of where I'm at. I just turned 18, I graduated highschool a year early and am currently enrolled in online courses to take care of some pre-req classes before I start school in the fall. I'm a graphic designer and web/application programmer, been doing this stuff since I was about 12. Everything I am is a reflection of my father, who I had a very close relationship to, I considered him my best friend. Because of the closeness between my father and I, my mother and I never grew a relationship. Around age 15, I began experimenting with drugs/alcohol, which grew into a relentless addiction. My father, being an addict himself, understood the battle I was facing, rather than taking the outsider perspective of "What I am doing to those around me", my mother was never able to grasp this idea, because she herself is alcoholic, but she falls into the category we describe as a "functioning addict".. The saddest part about this addict is they rarely are capable of recognizing their own addiction, because their functionality blinds them from the truth. About 2 years ago, my father passed away unexpectedly, from liver failure. He had been drinking alcoholicly for about 20 years, and in the last 10 was down to the sparatic alcoholic bursts, saved for holidays and family vacations. This even changed the entire course of my life, and since I have graduated highscool ahead of my class, and remained sober for almost 2 years now. I've pushed myself to become better than anyone had imagined, let alone expected. I've come to a point with my mother where I expect her to appreciate who I am and how hard I've worked to get where I'm at... So much of my effort goes towards proving myself to her and having that mother relationship, because I've been alone and out of my house ever since my father passed, and call it immature but I want my mom and I want her support and love. I was willing to accept that it could be a while before I could regain that trust in her, but after 2 years with no incident (prior to these charges) I've honestly lost all hope. The problem is that she is unable to see past the fact that I'm an addict, which to her only computes to one feeling.. pain. She lost my father to addiction and she's unwilling to let me in because of that. None of this was about her wanting me out, I am actually in the process of securing an appartment at the moment.. this was about the heartbreak I've experienced in losing my parents.. one to addiction and the other to fear. I'm honestly not looking for any sympathy or pitty, my point is before you start bashing someone, maybe you should know a little bit more about them. People are not black and white, or at least I'm not... It is important to understand the multiple layers in the depth of a person before you can make a generalized assumption. I'm really just fed-up with people generalizing me before they even get a glimpse of who I really am.
None of this is intended to rationalize or explain for my actions, I'm way off topic here - The only reason any of this is being said is in response to the degrading and cynical responses I recieved in regards to my original post.

Last edited:

rmet4nzkx

Mike, you locked your other thread. You say that you graduated early and were a part of jobcorp and taking internet courses to make up prerequsites for college, that doesn't jive with graduating early, if you had, you would have used your Social secruty survivor's benefits to attend college while you had it before the benefit ceased at age 18. Now you just turend 18, you don't have a job, your mother doesn't have the survivor's benefits anymore either and you think you are entitiled to trash her home because she is grieving? You have some serious problems, please go and get some counseling you have several serious problems. There are many forms of abuse.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">