• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MI: What are they best DUI insurance providers?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

VicVega

Grand Rapids, Michigan.

My liscense was suspended for a year, and im eligible to get it back in march. I was wondering what insurance providers are the most affordable, and who specializes in insuring drivers convicted of driving under the influence. I can only afford PLPD, the most basic insurance available.

Thanks

zackwesterling

Insurance

Nobody will take you cheap. My friend went to Citizens insurance and they put him in a High Risk pool for his first offence drunk driving.
He got busted in Barry County, Michigan by Judge Max.
Judge Max is simply that. No matter what you get, you get max
Everybody and every offence is simply Maximum no exceptions.
Thats why he is called Judge MAX of Barry County, STAY OUT OF BARRY COUNTY!!
MIP is $500 and 90 days. The kid in front of him got sentenced to MAX!
I got nailed for Trespassing while hunting- $50 fine and 10 days in jail or both. Guess what? I got MAX!
My brother who is now deceased back when he was 18 had 2nd offence drunk driving a week after his first DUI and couldn't pay the $4000 six month premiums from State Farm. So rent the movie "catch me if you can" with Leonard DiCaprio and thats exactly what my brother did for his proofs of insurance. He never paid a single premium his entire life which ended at 29.
But what in hell are you going to do. If you don't drive in this society you don't participate.

Betty

I can only suggest you call around & compare rates - I don't think you will "get off cheap."

VicVega

zackwesterling said:
Nobody will take you cheap. My friend went to Citizens insurance and they put him in a High Risk pool for his first offence drunk driving.
He got busted in Barry County, Michigan by Judge Max.
Judge Max is simply that. No matter what you get, you get max
Everybody and every offence is simply Maximum no exceptions.
Thats why he is called Judge MAX of Barry County, STAY OUT OF BARRY COUNTY!!
MIP is $500 and 90 days. The kid in front of him got sentenced to MAX!
I got nailed for Trespassing while hunting- $50 fine and 10 days in jail or both. Guess what? I got MAX!
My brother who is now deceased back when he was 18 had 2nd offence drunk driving a week after his first DUI and couldn't pay the $4000 six month premiums from State Farm. So rent the movie "catch me if you can" with Leonard DiCaprio and thats exactly what my brother did for his proofs of insurance. He never paid a single premium his entire life which ended at 29.
But what in hell are you going to do. If you don't drive in this society you don't participate.
I dont understand how a judge could get away with that. Correct me if im wrong but couldnt a good lawyer have a field day with this kind of ****?
Im sorry to hear about your brother, and i agree with you 100% that you are extremely limited in this society if you can not drive.

I never expected to get off cheap, just wondering if there was a provider that deals more with dui's.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">