• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan impeding traffic ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ceschelbach

Good morning. Was driving to work this morning when I was pulled over. The police officer approached my vehicle and informed me i was pulled over for texting and driving (which i was not doing and could be proved with phone records if need be). He then when back to his vehicle and issued me a ticket for impeding traffic (something I also was not doing) I understand that impeding traffic is a heavier fine but comes with the benefit of disappearing after it is paid. No points no notice to insurance causing rate spikes or anything of that matter. However if I'm not guilty of impeding traffic and I'm not guilty of using my phone while driving (although this isn't even mentioned on the ticket) is there any way to have the ticket tossed out to avoid the fine? Sorry for the novel just wanted to cover all details I could thank you in advance for any information on the matter.

xylene

Appear in court and plead not guilty.

Hire a lawyer to help you.

These are the best ways to deal with a ticket.

There is no special thing you can do or someone you can talk to to make this ticket disappear.

Ceschelbach

So is there any way to really fight the impeding traffic ticket that was issued? Or is it just going to be a his word vs mine scenario which I'll never win? Just trying to figure this out because taking a day off work for that would be a waste

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
I understand that impeding traffic is a heavier fine but comes with the benefit of disappearing after it is paid. No points no notice to insurance causing rate spikes or anything of that matter.

And just how do you understand that?

Convictions don't "disappear". Motor vehicle agencies generally do not notify insurance companies of convictions - the insurers seem pretty good at finding out that information on their own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">