• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Michigan Marijuana Possession Side Effects?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

patkeller123

Michigan... This is actually for my mother. She recently received her first crimnal charge in her entire life. It was a possession of marijuana. The police found the marijuana on her not while in a vehicle. She was adjudicated 2-22-08. She recceived no probation or community service. Just the normal court fines. But they did say her license may be revoked any where from 6 months to two years!!! Any idea how likley this is? Or any advice???

Thanks for any help.

bwp

I plead mine out to a 7311 (7411?) I forgot the exact name. Any halfwit attorney should know. Basically you keep your license, have 6 months of probation (can't leave the state w/o permission, drug tests, fees, usual BS) and then the file is sealed and no verdict is given.

Bethany

Are you sure she did not get the 7411 deferral? This is pretty typically used for first offenders. What happens with this type of deferral is after she is finished with probation the charge would be dismissed and made non-public.

And yes, any attorney worth his salt knows this. Call the court office if you can't get an answer from the attorney. Ask if she got a 7411.

Bethany

Also - call the Secretary of State regarding license restrictions on a drug charge. They are normally only imposed on a state level. Depends on the Judge and the County.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">