• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Midas caused issue

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hansel

What is the name of your state? IL

Had oil leak fixed at Midas. Ever since they serviced my car, it has had a early stalling issue. I had two new parts put in since then.

I did resolve one issue with Midas concerning a bad spark plug they put on my car. Another mechanic said Midas caused previous issue.

Also my car was working fine prior to bringing to Midas.

Not sure if could still persue small claims?

Not sure if a small claims or ADR service would resolve or if its just something have to live with?

adjusterjack

First you are going to have to have the problem fixed so you can get it in writing from a reputable repair shop as to what was wrong and what caused it. Then you can decide if it's worth taking Midas to small claims court.

Avoid ADR if you can. The fees are higher than small claims court.

Look up several independent repair shops in your area then look them up on Yelp and see what other customers are saying about them.

I would avoid those big name franchise stores in the future. They oversell and overcharge.

hansel

So far mechanics I went to still can't pin point issue. As no diagnosis of car shows anything wrong.

I want to avoid the dealership if possible but somehow feel that may be only place to diagnosis the issue :(

I did email the FCA Group about the issue as well. Maybe it can make a new recall issue.

quincy

So far mechanics I went to still can't pin point issue. As no diagnosis of car shows anything wrong.

I want to avoid the dealership if possible but somehow feel that may be only place to diagnosis the issue :(

I did email the FCA Group about the issue as well. Maybe it can make a new recall issue.
What is your vehicle’s make and model year?

hansel

These older vans have to be handled gently. Had once taken it to a local mechanic that never dealt with my type of can. As asked me how to shift it etc, I was worried, guy messed it up had to take to dealership to fix.

That's why I wonder if Midas did the same to mess it up like that .

I been asking mechanics I go to if they can do a fair trade but so far they don't have kind of vehicle I want

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you don't know what's wrong, then you don't know if Midas caused the problem. The thing about cars is that they work fine...until they don't. It's quite possible that the timing is coincidental.

quincy

Chrysler Town&Ctry
The 2008 Chrysler Town and Country has had mixed reviews. Reported problems appear to be primarily with the high-mileage vehicles.

Because of cost, I hesitate to take our vehicles to the dealerships except for analyses. We then get repairs elsewhere. You might want to do the same - find out the source of the problem first at Chrysler.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">