• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Minor injuries - receive pain and suffering comp.?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



I was broadsided by someone who missed a stopsign, admitted so to me and the police and was ticketed. His insurance company is assuming 100% responsibility for my repairs, rental car, medical and missed time from work. I was shaken up, received bruises and bumped my head, resulting in a couple of weeks of discomfort and headaches, but a CT scan revealed no problem. My medical and drug bills are about $1800. I am in Illinois. What are the chances of collecting some $$$ for pain and suffering?



I am a law school graduate currently awaiting Bar results. I offer this as mere information, not to be construed as creating an attorney-client relationship.

It seems to me you should seek the advice of a personal injury attorney in your state. Try attorneypages.com, many offer free consultations.

I would think that perhaps if your pain and suffering is sincere, you can gain these general damages if they are not so outrageous as to exceed your actual pain and suffering.

hope this helps.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential