• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

minor pulled over friend has cigerettes.. is this PC to search vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Nicholas N

What is the name of your state?
Virginia

I was pulled over i am 17. The cop saw my friends cigerettes in the back and asked me who they belonged to. My friend told him they were his. He then said that was probable cause to search the vehicle is this true? My friend is also 17

CdwJava

I was pulled over i am 17. The cop saw my friends cigerettes in the back and asked me who they belonged to. My friend told him they were his. He then said that was probable cause to search the vehicle is this true? My friend is also 17
It's probably good, sure. If they were in the open, there is good articulable cause to believe that more cigarettes might be hidden elsewhere in the car.

However, if you feel it's worth it, you can ask mom and dad if they want to pay about $1,500 for an attorney to try and suppress the evidence that will get you out of a couple hundred dollar fine (or whatever it is in VA) ... I suspect they'll do the math, here, and say, 'No'.

- Carl

outonbail

Might there have been something else discovered or uncovered by the officer during his cigarette hunt? Possibly a hand rolled version?

Nicholas N

It's probably good, sure. If they were in the open, there is good articulable cause to believe that more cigarettes might be hidden elsewhere in the car.

However, if you feel it's worth it, you can ask mom and dad if they want to pay about $1,500 for an attorney to try and suppress the evidence that will get you out of a couple hundred dollar fine (or whatever it is in VA) ... I suspect they'll do the math, here, and say, 'No'.

- Carl
Hey im not stupid. In his little scavenger hunt through my trunk. he found a bowl with drug residue on it, a fake id, empty beer cans. So i think its worth it, smartass.

and my friend speciffically said the cigs were his. i do not allow any one to smoke in my car. and we were not drinking at all that nite so they were no odors.

racer72

and my friend speciffically said the cigs were his. i do not allow any one to smoke in my car. and we were not drinking at all that nite so they were no odors.
You are legally responsible for you passengers and their contents while in your vehicle. Everything else is irrelevent. I also suggest you grow up, your demeanor in this thread is evidence enough to suggest you will be back asking for more information because you found yourself in other legal trouble. Ever hear the phrase "Don't bite the hand that feeds you"? You can get all the help in the world from these forums, be a juvenile prick like above and you won't get squat.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Hey im not stupid. In his little scavenger hunt through my trunk. he found a bowl with drug residue on it, a fake id, empty beer cans. So i think its worth it, smartass.

Ahh, so the cop got it right, huh?
Get off the dope.

CdwJava

Hey im not stupid.
And, please point out to me where wrote that you were?

In his little scavenger hunt through my trunk. he found a bowl with drug residue on it, a fake id, empty beer cans. So i think its worth it, smartass.
Okay, if we're going to be rude here, how about pointing out that you never mentioned that the trunk was searched - that changes things big time.

But, since you're gonna be a rude little punk about it, you're on your own, kid.

I hope you have the money for the attorney, because mom and dad would be fools to pay for one if you give them the same attitude ... if you were my kid you'd be pleading guilty because I wouldn't fork out the money to defend your rude, sorry tail.

- Carl

Nicholas N

And, please point out to me where wrote that you were?

Okay, if we're going to be rude here, how about pointing out that you never mentioned that the trunk was searched - that changes things big time.

But, since you're gonna be a rude little punk about it, you're on your own, kid.

I hope you have the money for the attorney, because mom and dad would be fools to pay for one if you give them the same attitude ... if you were my kid you'd be pleading guilty because I wouldn't fork out the money to defend your rude, sorry tail.

- Carl
oh im sorry next time you insult me out of ignorance i'll just take it. but i specifically told u they searched the vehicle buddy and u talked to me like i was 2 years like i couldn't do the "MATH" and im rude?

I just have to laugh at "I'm not stupid" followed by "I drive around town with drugs and fake IDs." :p
ya ur right ... i never said i had drugs .. i said i had a bowl which is classified as possesion of drug periphinlia like that other guy said (except he cud spell it)
but my friend claimed the cigs. they were about to charge him with it but they said ill give u awarning to him. so at no time was that charge ever on me so how is that the cigeretes r pc to search the vehicle.

Last edited:

Nicholas N

You REALLY need to get the stories consistent.

https://forum.freeadvice.com/showthread.php?p=1869447&posted=1#post1869447

You failed to write here that your tags were screwed up! :rolleyes:

- Carl
they werent screwed up something wus covering the month of thestickers u kno n thats not pc so i found it irrelevant and i didnt include it in this thread i didnt feel like revealing the whole thing mayb i shud have ok im sorry i thought u wer jus being a prick on ur first reply

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
they werent screwed up something wus covering the month of thestickers u kno n thats not pc so i found it irrelevant and i didnt include it in this thread i didnt feel like revealing the whole thing mayb i shud have ok im sorry i thought u wer jus being a prick on ur first reply
Are you speaking (typing) English? :rolleyes:

And, what makes you think that concealed registration tags wouldn't be PC for a stop? :rolleyes:

CdwJava

oh im sorry next time you insult me out of ignorance i'll just take it. but i specifically told u they searched the vehicle buddy and u talked to me like i was 2 years like i couldn't do the "MATH" and im rude?
Take a moment to apply those English comprehension skills you should have learned at some point during high school and please read what I wrote again. You should find that I never wrote that YOU could not do any math, nor did I insult you.

Oh, and false or concealed tabs DOES constitute good cause for a stop.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">