• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Misleading Contract

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

B

boomer24

In DE, signed a contract for a new furnace. At the bottom, on the line "Total Investment" the contractor wrote in $3500.00. The lines titled "Total cost" and Balance Due" were left blank. To the left, the contractor had written "Humidifier(600)". I understood this to mean that the total price was $3500, and that $600 of that was for the humidifier. The contractor billed my credit card for $4100. Am I obligated to pay the additional $600?

When I spoke to the contractor, he agreed that it could be misleading, but insisted the total should be $4100.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

boomer24 said:
In DE, signed a contract for a new furnace. At the bottom, on the line "Total Investment" the contractor wrote in $3500.00. The lines titled "Total cost" and Balance Due" were left blank. To the left, the contractor had written "Humidifier(600)". I understood this to mean that the total price was $3500, and that $600 of that was for the humidifier. The contractor billed my credit card for $4100. Am I obligated to pay the additional $600?

When I spoke to the contractor, he agreed that it could be misleading, but insisted the total should be $4100.
My response:

One thing is sure - - you can't have the humidifier for free. If you want it, pay for it. If you don't, return it.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">