• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Missed family court date. Not my fault. What is next?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
What is the name of your state? NM

Hello everyone. I had a telephonic court hearing but I was unable to connect at the time of the hearing. The technology simply failed. In my absence, a ruling has been made causing my daughter damage and slapping me with the other parties attorneys fees. What is the right procedure to vacate this judgment and to have a new hearing set up?

Thank you
...you need to speak to a local family-law attorney.

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? NM

Hello everyone. I had a telephonic court hearing but I was unable to connect at the time of the hearing. The technology simply failed. In my absence, a ruling has been made causing my daughter damage and slapping me with the other parties attorneys fees. What is the right procedure to vacate this judgment and to have a new hearing set up?

Thank you
Please don't start a new thread for every question you have regarding your child custody matters. Keep all questions to your original thread. Thank you.

MOlass

Could anyone please give a useful answer? I don't post here to hear "get a lawyer". Also, I thought the postings here are organized by subject, not by poster. Thanks

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
Could anyone please give a useful answer? I don't post here to hear "get a lawyer". Also, I thought the postings here are organized by subject, not by poster. Thanks
Please go to the thread Zig kindly posted and continue there. It is easier for all - including you - if everything is in one place.

While you may not want to hear "get a lawyer", but sometimes it is the best advice you can receive. Especially when you post little to no information regarding your situation. While some questions might seem intrusive, they're not asked to be rude or nosy. We ask because the answers matter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">