• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

missed visitation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nana99

There are no vacation provisions in the papers. It was the same as the rest of the year, every other weekend. However when we were at mediation he asked for 2 non consecutive weeks during the summer, which I completely agreed to. He did pick the week he wants as he will be having family visit, but said he doesn't want her for the entire week, he just wants her more during that week. He said he will be working so won't be able to keep her the whole week all the time.

haiku

That would be great if we had at least one set visitation weekend, but he is not wanting anything set. He is wanting to have different days each week, whatever coincides with his schedule. I guess if this is the only way his schedule will permit visitation, we will just have to work with it.
Yes you will. He must have some idea of his schedule before it begins, if he can give you a few days notice, you have a choice to say "Yes or No" based on plans you yourself have made, if you have none, I don't see where the issue is.

As far as vacation goes, its the same thing, He neds to tell you what days he wants and thats that.

We have been at this for many years, so its all old hat to me, I guess.

nana99

Yes you will. He must have some idea of his schedule before it begins, if he can give you a few days notice, you have a choice to say "Yes or No" based on plans you yourself have made, if you have none, I don't see where the issue is.

As far as vacation goes, its the same thing, He neds to tell you what days he wants and thats that.

We have been at this for many years, so its all old hat to me, I guess.
He knows his schedule about a week in advance for one of his jobs and as of right now he doesn't know when he will know his schedule for the other one.

As far as vacation, he had originally told me he wanted the week after the 4th because he had family, including parents come in town. That was no problem whatsoever. Now however he doesn't want the whole week he just wants more time than usual. I don't have a problem with this, I guess I just don't understand why one goes to court or a mediator and begs and cries to get time and then in the long run doesn't really want it.

haiku

He knows his schedule about a week in advance for one of his jobs and as of right now he doesn't know when he will know his schedule for the other one.

As far as vacation, he had originally told me he wanted the week after the 4th because he had family, including parents come in town. That was no problem whatsoever. Now however he doesn't want the whole week he just wants more time than usual. I don't have a problem with this, I guess I just don't understand why one goes to court or a mediator and begs and cries to get time and then in the long run doesn't really want it.
Visitation is a right, its not an obligation. Going to court to get official visitation time is garanteeing a MINIMUM amount of time you can be legally garanteed to have with your kids. It doesn't mean that thats ALL the tme you can get, if the CP is willing to give more, or that you even have to take any of it.

Not always utilizing it exactly to the letter doesn't always mean you don't want it.

Life and its obligations sometimes get in the way of scheduled visits. Dad HAS to work, no getting around that. And sometimes visitation schedules need to adjust to that particular obligation.

nana99

Visitation is a right, its not an obligation. Going to court to get official visitation time is garanteeing a MINIMUM amount of time you can be legally garanteed to have with your kids. It doesn't mean that thats ALL the tme you can get, if the CP is willing to give more, or that you even have to take any of it.

Not always utilizing it exactly to the letter doesn't always mean you don't want it.

Life and its obligations sometimes get in the way of scheduled visits. Dad HAS to work, no getting around that. And sometimes visitation schedules need to adjust to that particular obligation.
I do try to work with him as much as possible so he sees her. He was supposed to have her this weekend Friday-Sunday. He has to work Friday and Sat, so we worked out Sunday and Monday.

My parents babysit my daughter and actually thought they were going to have the week of the 4th to take a trip, but now they are not able to because he is going to be bringing her back and forth that week. I must say I am not really sure why his mother won't be watching her part of that time, so she doesn't have to go back and forth all week, but for whatever reason she isn't. So we will work it all out. :) I feel like everything works out in the end and this will too. Just a minor setback and we will work around it. My parents may not be happy about not taking their trip but they are taking it all in stride

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">