• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mistake on Ticket

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

R

Rwag7

I am not sure if it a myth, but can a ticket be voided if it is incorrect.
I am from Washington State, and received a ticket for failing to yield the right of way. I did not completely explain the circumstance to the officer at the scene. There was a 2 vehicle wreck. The Year of the vehicle I was driving is an '89 and he wrote a '98 on the ticket.
Can this void a ticket or is this a myth.

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

Rwag7 said:
I am not sure if it a myth, but can a ticket be voided if it is incorrect.
I am from Washington State, and received a ticket for failing to yield the right of way. I did not completely explain the circumstance to the officer at the scene. There was a 2 vehicle wreck. The Year of the vehicle I was driving is an '89 and he wrote a '98 on the ticket.
Can this void a ticket or is this a myth.
My response:

Absolutely correct.

All you have to do is appear in court on your hearing date and say to the judge:

"Your honor, I respectfully request that my Traffic Citation be dismissed. The reason for this request is that when I was stopped for failure to yield, the Officer issued my ticket with an incorrect year of manufacture for my vehicle. It is a 1989, and not a 1998, as the Ticket clearly states. Since I don't own a 1998 vehicle, it couldn't have been me that he stopped, despite the fact that the license plate number is correct, and that's my signature on the ticket."

You'll be out of court in no time - - and let away to a nice, plush, padded cell.

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">