• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

modification of custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dgingrich

What is the name of your state? PA
I know that the seniors know my story from previous posts, I just wonder if my BF can file for custody modification on his own, or do we need to hire a lawyer, and if he can do it on his own, where do we begin? Things are taking a turn for the worse as far as the grandparents are concerned and he needs to do something ASAP. I have taken your advice and stepped back from the situation as far as being "stepmom" and let him know that HE needs to do something about it. I just want to head him in the right direction. Thanks

You're not the stepmom since he is your boyfriend. The answer to your question is, yes, your boyfriend can file pro se. Is it advisable? Probably not. He should begin by filing a request to modify custody (and he needs to have a change in circumstance.)

dgingrich

Legally you are right, I am not his stepmom. But in all other aspects I am. Whether I legally am his stepmom or not makes no difference I am still basically the only mom he has. Thank you for your advice

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">