• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Modify work restrictions

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

California
I broke a bone in my toe and my dr gave me modified work, my job is reluctant to modify and it could cost my job. Can I have the doctor modify the restrictions. My toe feels fine.

quincy

California
I broke a bone in my toe and my dr gave me modified work, my job is reluctant to modify and it could cost my job. Can I have the doctor modify the restrictions. My toe feels fine.
If you feel you no longer require modified work, you can ask your doctor if he feels you can continue work without modification and without jeopardizing your health/recovery.

If you feel you no longer require modified work, you can ask your doctor if he feels you can continue work without modification and without jeopardizing your health/recovery.
Thank you, I just got the modification today. Broke my toe last week, do you think she’ll change the modification so quickly?

quincy

Thank you, I just got the modification today. Broke my toe last week, do you think she’ll change the modification so quickly?
I have no idea.

How does your broken toe affect your current job duties? What sort of modification was requested? Why doesn’t your employer want to modify your work duties while your toe heals?

There generally is little that can be done to speed up the healing.

I have no idea.

How does your broken toe affect your current job duties? What sort of modification was requested? Why doesn’t your employer want to modify your work duties while your toe heals?

There generally is little that can be done to speed up the healing.
I don’t think it does. My doctor said no twisting of the spine or upper torso which I can’t understand why. That’s what my employer is having an issue with. Also the length of time for the modification. I think I will ask for the time to be adjusted then a re-evaluation. Really wondering if doctor can modify and let me see if I’m affected... get worse. Also the 25% standing walking... wonder if she would increase that and see how I feel.

quincy

I don’t think it does. My doctor said no twisting of the spine or upper torso which I can’t understand why. That’s what my employer is having an issue with. Also the length of time for the modification. I think I will ask for the time to be adjusted then a re-evaluation. Really wondering if doctor can modify and let me see if I’m affected... get worse. Also the 25% standing walking... wonder if she would increase that and see how I feel.
You should ask your doctor why he recommended the modifications that he did. You do not want to make your toe worse.

You should ask your doctor why he recommended the modifications that he did. You do not want to make your toe worse.
I don’t think it does. My doctor said no twisting of the spine or upper torso which I can’t understand why. That’s what my employer is having an issue with. Also the length of time for the modification. I think I will ask for the time to be adjusted then a re-evaluation. Really wondering if doctor can modify and let me see if I’m affected... get worse.
Thank you so much! I’ll keep you posted?

quincy

I guess they don’t see how I can do the work with a broken toe. I sent the status report and just waiting to see what they say.
Hmm. Well, I hope everything works out for you - both job wise and toe wise. If you have time to post back with what the final determination is, I would be interested.

PayrollHRGuy

My dr removed all restrictions but my job is now questioning it. Can they do that? It’s not work related.
If I had an employee bring in a fairly strict work restriction one day and then bring in one with no restrictions at all the next I would question it as well. You need to understand a further injury to the toe at work would be work comp compensable.

I guess they don’t see how I can do the work with a broken toe. I sent the status report and just waiting to see what they say.
Wait, you said they have already questioned it now you are saying you sent it and are waiting to see what they say? Those two don't mix.

California
To avoid conflict better ask your doctor with more details with regards to the restriction. this may help you understand to what extent the fracture made that affect your job performance.

quincy

The employer was also questioning the original restrictions and was “reluctant” to modify the work while the toe healed. The employer is just full of questions, I guess. :)

denverco, there was just a new visit to the doctor.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">