• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money paid via zelle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

bhavzp16

Hi
I have paid an accounting firm in PA via zelle through my bank account. It's been 24hkurs and the payment is cleared from my account but they are responding or confirming that they have received the money from me. It's been cleared since last night and when I called they said they are busy. Please advice what can I do to get the confirmation from them?
Thank You

bcr229

Keep calling.

In the future don't use Zelle to pay for products or services as it does not provide buyer protection. Use a credit card or PayPal Goods and Services, not Friends and Family.

quincy

Hi
I have paid an accounting firm in PA via zelle through my bank account. It's been 24hkurs and the payment is cleared from my account but they are responding or confirming that they have received the money from me. It's been cleared since last night and when I called they said they are busy. Please advice what can I do to get the confirmation from them?
Thank You
What is the name of your state or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country? Are you in Pennsylvania?

You might want to give the accounting firm more time to confirm receipt.

bhavzp16

What is the name of your state or, if not in the US, what is the name of your country? Are you in Pennsylvania?

You might want to give the accounting firm more time to confirm receipt.
I am in Georgia, and I have known him and worked with him once back in 2016 when I was in PA. Hooe this helps. Okay so I'll just wait for him to confirm. Zelle usually takes fee minutes or an hours to get the money but not sure what is taking him so long to confirm.b

quincy

I am in Georgia, and I have known him and worked with him once back in 2016 when I was in PA. Hooe this helps. Okay so I'll just wait for him to confirm. Zelle usually takes fee minutes or an hours to get the money but not sure what is taking him so long to confirm.b
Thank you for providing your state name.

Once you know the money has been received, I recommend you find another way to pay in the future. I agree with bcr229 that paying through Zelle (or Apple Pay or Cash App, etc) is not as safe as paying by credit card. There is no fraud protection and these can be an easy target for scammers.

Good luck.

bhavzp16

Thank you for providing your state name.

Once you know the money has been received, I recommend you find another way to pay in the future. I agree with bcr229 that paying through Zelle (or Apple Pay or Cash App, etc) is not as safe as paying by credit card. There is no fraud protection and can be an easy target for scammers.

Good luck.
Thank you for getting back to me so quickly both of you. So I don't need to contact a lawyer or anything just because he is not confirming that he has received the money? My family friends they paid him through that last year. I am sure money is in his account!!

quincy

Thank you for getting back to me so quickly both of you. So I don't need to contact a lawyer or anything just because he is not confirming that he has received the money? My family friends they paid him through that last year. I am sure money is in his account!!
You said that the receipt of the money has been neither confirmed nor denied yet by the accounting firm. I would contact the firm again to see if the funds were received.

I don’t see any reason for you to contact a lawyer right now. I just hope you directed the money to the proper recipient.

bhavzp16

You said that the receipt of the money has been neither confirmed nor denied yet by the accounting firm. I would contact the firm again to see if the funds were received.

I don’t see any reason for you to contact a lawyer right now. I just hope you directed the money to the proper recipient.
Oh yes money has gone to the right person and it shows jn my bank app and email with his name and his number. Indian namesake that are not thwt common. I'll email him again tomorrow morning and then leave it. It's annoying when you can't act professionally by being in a professional business. Thank You

quincy

Oh yes money has gone to the right person and it shows jn my bank app and email with his name and his number. Indian namesake that are not thwt common. I'll email him again tomorrow morning and then leave it. It's annoying when you can't act professionally by being in a professional business. Thank You
I hope you are able to get confirmation from him tomorrow. You might call instead of or in addition to emailing him.

Good luck.

bhavzp16

I hope you are able to get confirmation from him tomorrow. You might call instead of or in addition to emailing him.

Good luck.
Thanks a lot and I did call today but he said his in a meeting with the client so he'll check later and confirm. Will see what happens. Needs to be more professional.

quincy

Thanks a lot and I did call today but he said his in a meeting with the client so he'll check later and confirm. Will see what happens. Needs to be more professional.
I hope you get the confirmation soon. It was at least nice that he took time out of the meeting with his client to take your call.

adjusterjack

What is it that you are paying this accounting firm to do?

Has he done it or are you paying in advance for something?

LdiJ

It is rather unusual for a client of an accounting firm (particularly during tax season) to ask that the firm confirm receipt of the money. It is also a bit of a time consuming pain in the backside to do so. If that firm is as busy as our firm is, then they may be prioritizing getting work done for their clients, over searching through hundreds of lines of bank transactions trying to confirm that they got your payment. Had you paid with a credit or debit card they would have the receipt from the credit card company when they ran your card.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
The money cleared last night? Give them a little time already. Their bank might not even show it as posted yet.

zddoodah

Your post doesn't appear to raise any legal issue.

t's been 24hkurs and the payment is cleared from my account but they are responding or confirming that they have received the money from me.
The money cleared out of your account, and the recipient is "responding or confirming that [it] received the money." What's the problem? Is there a word missing from this sentence?

It's been cleared since last night and when I called they said they are busy. Please advice what can I do to get the confirmation from them?
Why do you think the employees at this accounting firm should drop what they're doing and get you a confirmation? The late winter/early spring is an extremely busy time for most accountants (tax season).

So I don't need to contact a lawyer or anything just because he is not confirming that he has received the money?
You're joking, right? You actually are thinking about retaining a lawyer to get a confirmation of payment?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">