• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Money paid via zelle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

quincy

I know that with Apple Pay, an email is sent to the account holder informing the account holder that $XX has been paid for an identified transaction and that, if the account holder does not recognize the transaction, Apple Pay should be notified. I assume Zelle works in a similar way.

While confirmation from the accounting firm might be nice, the fact that bhavzp received notice that the money was paid to the proper person/entity is in itself confirmation.

bhavzp16

It is rather unusual for a client of an accounting firm (particularly during tax season) to ask that the firm confirm receipt of the money. It is also a bit of a time consuming pain in the backside to do so. If that firm is as busy as our firm is, then they may be prioritizing getting work done for their clients, over searching through hundreds of lines of bank transactions trying to confirm that they got your payment. Had you paid with a credit or debit card they would have the receipt from the credit card company when they ran your card.
Hi, I paid them using my bank app with zelle service which shows his name and registered number.nits been day and half but still no response. I have sent him an email this morning to confirm and that is it. I have my confirmation in my email and bank app. Let's see if he's that busy. I know some firm gets swamped with work especially during tax season. Thank You

bhavzp16

I know that with Apple Pay, an email is sent to the account holder informing the account holder that $XX has been paid for an identified transaction and that, if the account holder does not recognize the transaction, Apple Pay should be notified. I assume Zelle works in a similar way.

While confirmation from the accounting firm might be nice, the fact that bhavzp received notice that the money was paid to the proper person/entity is in itself confirmation.
Thank You, that makes me feel better. Zelle does send an email to the receiver that so and so has sent you the money amount of $xx. And one email comes to me so I have a proof and also my bank app with his name and his registered number.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
You really ought to be more patient. You are NOT their only client and this is a very busy time of year.

(Yes, I am echoing what has been said previously.)

quincy

Thank You, that makes me feel better. Zelle does send an email to the receiver that so and so has sent you the money amount of $xx. And one email comes to me so I have a proof and also my bank app with his name and his registered number.
That’s good. I imagine the failure of the accounting firm to contact you personally is simply due to their busy schedule.

FlyingRon

I've never had a professional send me a confirmation of payment. They send the bill and expect you to pay. You pay it and expect they received it.
You only do something else if you get some negative response (Zelle tells you it didn't go through or the professional tells you they didn't get paid).

quincy

I've never had a professional send me a confirmation of payment. They send the bill and expect you to pay. You pay it and expect they received it.
You only do something else if you get some negative response (Zelle tells you it didn't go through or the professional tells you they didn't get paid).
Hmmm. I think I almost always get a confirmation email or text after paying a bill. :unsure:

LdiJ

Hmmm. I think I almost always get a confirmation email or text after paying a bill. :unsure:
Are you talking about professional bills (lawyers, accountants, doctors etc) or regular bills (utilities, insurance, mortgage etc) that you pay on line with your bank account or debit card?

I have never received a payment confirmation from the former, and sometimes receive payment confirmations from the latter.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Are you talking about professional bills (lawyers, accountants, doctors etc) or regular bills (utilities, insurance, mortgage etc) that you pay on line with your bank account or debit card?

I have never received a payment confirmation from the former, and sometimes receive payment confirmations from the latter.
If you pay by Zelle you get an email. And sometimes a text. Literally, just did it.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
If you pay by Zelle you get an email. And sometimes a text. Literally, just did it.
To be fair, there is a difference between getting a confirmation from Zelle (or other service used to make the payment) and actually getting a confirmation from the recipient.

quincy

To be fair, there is a difference between getting a confirmation from Zelle (or other service used to make the payment) and actually getting a confirmation from the recipient.
I generally get both when paying through Apple Pay ... but, granted, these are not from accountants or doctors or lawyers.

quincy

And the poster got that. What he's bent out of shape is that the person he paid (the accountant) didn't send him a confirmation.
It is possible bhavzp16 has received the confirmation from the accounting firm that he wanted by now. He posted here shortly after the transaction, not giving the firm much opportunity to check the receipt of the payment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">