• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mortgage closing fees

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

L

lombarke

What is the name of your state? New York

I recently refinanced my home through an internet lender. the day before the closing, I received my closing papers and settlement statement. a week later I received my cash distribution, which was $175 less than the settlement statement indicated. the mtge co. says the fees for taxes, etc. changed. Can they do this after the closing?

HomeGuru

lombarke said:
What is the name of your state? New York

I recently refinanced my home through an internet lender. the day before the closing, I received my closing papers and settlement statement. a week later I received my cash distribution, which was $175 less than the settlement statement indicated. the mtge co. says the fees for taxes, etc. changed. Can they do this after the closing?
**A: yes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">