• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mortgage Company

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

seniorjudge

cadkhoda said:
I feel the purpose of the thread is to educate /inform ,some of us who are not as knowledgeable .
You are correct.

What did your mortgage say about your question?

2 Bagger

My unfair comments

I did a terrible job of wording that. My comments were not directed at the poster and were really not intended to be mean or berate him/her as it appears.

I intended to say in a general sense that many fail to heed the same advice that we might give another in the same circumstances. The purpose being that a bit of due diligence would eliminate some of the hassles that we unintentionally set into motion by our own hand.

I'm sorry. I hope that you will allow me to write that off as a bad day.

2 Bagger :eek:

cadkhoda

Sorry for the delay,

SeniorJudge,
Basically , what the mortgage company is saying is "it is my fault that (mortgage co.) disbursed these funds to this unscrupulous contractor" :rolleyes:
ofcourse ,my argument all along has been : if the mortgage company had properly inspected the repairs , this mess would not have occured.

As to my other friend, "bagger" it s quite ok .

Thank you all again for input.

Cad, :)

HomeGuru

cadkhoda said:
Hello again ,
Does anyone know where i might be able to find out about the reponsiblities of the Mortgage company in my situation.... if what i am having here is Federal law guidlines that states that "Mortgage Company has a duty to inspect the repairs before releasing funds" or something in that General term..... Please advise me as to where i can look the info up.

Thanks again and god bless.

Cad
**A: it is YOUR property, therefore you have the ultimate and first responsibility to inspect the construction or lack thereof and immediately notify the lender.
Since you took a hands off and passive approach, you have an uphill battle. You should have written certified rrr letters. The lender has some responsibility but do not own the property.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">