• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

mother constantly threatening me with court as a way of stripping me of time with my

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you establish paternity? Do you even know what that is?

Where I'm from that defines a dead beat .... plus questions whether or not I cared enough about my child to claim my child as my own. I don't see myself getting worked up in court as all I'm asking is for the norm to continue and to be allowed to be as equal a parent as realistically possible. On my custody petition I stated I'd like to establish a healthy, fair and transparent Co parenting environment ... if that's not what is in the best interest of my child then I really do not know what else to do.

LdiJ

I guess you can throw jabs but not take them back. You can insinuate that someone lacks intelligence and question their character but the same can not be said to a person who rudely and systematically tries to dismiss all concerns before taking into account all the facts. I never took any personal shots at you just questioned your ability to be successful based the people skills and professionalism you displayed. All and all I thank you for your input and look forward to my day in court.
Look...bottom line. You have no enforceable rights without court orders and mom is legally in the right to control things until you do get court orders.

Anything else is rubbish. You have had it explained to you backwards and forwards by educated laypeople and a family law attorney.

You have managed to thoroughly offend a family law attorney that is considered to actually be pro the rights of non-custodial parents by some, and absolutely gender neutral by EVERYBODY.

If you behave with mom the way you have behaved here, then its no freaking wonder that mom won't cooperate with you. Hire yourself an attorney and treat the attorney that way when they don't give you the answers you want, and see what happens then.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Look...bottom line. You have no enforceable rights without court orders and mom is legally in the right to control things until you do get court orders.

Anything else is rubbish. You have had it explained to you backwards and forwards by educated laypeople and a family law attorney.

You have managed to thoroughly offend a family law attorney that is considered to actually be pro the rights of non-custodial parents by some, and absolutely gender neutral by EVERYBODY.

If you behave with mom the way you have behaved here, then its no freaking wonder that mom won't cooperate with you. Hire yourself an attorney and treat the attorney that way when they don't give you the answers you want, and see what happens then.
Thank you, LdiJ. I appreciate this. :eek: Much appreciated.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Have you establish paternity? Do you even know what that is?
cbg stated this:

have a feeling we may be talking about different things, here.

OP, when you say you established paternity, what do you mean by that? What actions did you take that you see as establishing paternity?

Because I have a feeling that you don't mean the same things we do by that phrase. Let's clarify.

And again, THANK YOU, LDIJ! I appreciate it. Really I do. Check your PM.

ETA: Posted the quotes to show that while others asked the same (and no one can say CBG is rude or anything I am accused of), I was the one derided, ridiculed and insulted by this OP.

Last edited:

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Legal matters (particularly as they pertain to kids) can be very emotional for people. How they deal with that emotion can make a big difference to the outcome of their matter. One can get defensive, or one can defer to those with more knowledge in order to learn.

Ohiogal offers accurate advice that is sometimes blunt and to the point. For a emotional and defensive person, that can come across as an attack. It's unfortunate for those people, because if they respond that way to blunt, yet accurate advice on an internet forum (where one has all the time in the world to read, re-read, type a response, edit that response, etc.), then they are likely to not fare well in the real world where they simply will not have the time to compose themselves for a reply to something that may put them on the defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">