• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother facing charges father will not be told where his child's ashes are.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mike16241

My buddy lives in South Carolina. Im asking because i want to help this guy. His ex girlfriend gave birth two two children a year apart and left them in dumpsters to die. DNA tests proved my friend is the father. The mother is facing a while slew of charges. Is there any legal grounds that he has to just see his childs ashes. Thank you.

PayrollHRGuy

That is horrible.

Who has the ashes?
Who isn't allowing him access?
And what do they say the reason is that he isn't being allowed access?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Didn't your buddy wonder what happened to the first child during the three+ months between the time that the first was born and the second was conceived?

xylene

I think you should let your friend decide for himself if he wants his legally and morally sensitive situation discussed publicly on the internet.

If you want to help your friend, encourage him to post this situation himself if he really wants to, and/or help fund his lawyer.

Dandy Don

He can visit the funeral home before the funeral happens (if there will be a funeral) but if there is any way he can get the children's family's permission before he visits, that would be the most cooperative way to proceed..

Mike16241

I've discussed this with him to be allowed to post. The last child was dumbed in a dumpster a year ago. The mother did something with the ashes and refuses to tell the father. And Zigner. They were on and off. They wernt together for the birth of the first or second child. He actually had no idea she was pregnant. She hid it from him very well but has been caught my police.

LdiJ

I've discussed this with him to be allowed to post. The last child was dumbed in a dumpster a year ago. The mother did something with the ashes and refuses to tell the father. And Zigner. They were on and off. They wernt together for the birth of the first or second child. He actually had no idea she was pregnant. She hid it from him very well but has been caught my police.
Anyone who would have dumped their babies in a dumpster is not going to be sentimental enough to keep their ashes. I suspect those ashes are long gone...or the mother never had them in the first place.

Reactions: cbg

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Ask whoever did the cremation if they know who received the remains.
What indication is there at the OP even knows who did the cremation? And why do you believe that the folks who DID the cremation would (or are allowed to) release the information to a legal stranger?

Mike16241

The mother had the ashes. He said she most likely spread them somewhere. If thats true he just wants to be in that location. This dude needs closure. Its tearing him up.

LdiJ

The mother had the ashes. He said she most likely spread them somewhere. If thats true he just wants to be in that location. This dude needs closure. Its tearing him up.
How do you know that the mother had the ashes. Honestly, the circumstances seem to indicate that not only would the mother not have had the ashes but that its highly possible that she would never have had the ashes.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">