• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Mother Is Trying To Serve Me..On What Grounds??

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tuffbrk

Now I'm confused

You (Daycare) did not accept the return of the child on Monday after Thanksgiving and she is claiming that you did not allow her to visit with the child? I'm confused.

May I ask what happened on Monday when Daycare refused him? Did she contact you and keep him in her custody? Did you pick him up after work on Monday? Did she then have Tuesday-Friday as stated in the order? OR did you take the child back on Monday after work and he then went back to Daycare?

I'm confused, and I'm an adult. Your child must be pretty confused.

LdiJ

OK the contempt of court citation has the following checked:

to allow Petitioner to visit with the minor child but has refused to do so.

That is what it says verbatim. So she is claiming I have refused to let her visit with our son. Now its even funnier since she is supposed to pick him up from daycare on Tuesdays and has not once picked him up in over a year. How can I keep him from her when I dont even have him during the day when she is supposed to pick him up? She has the address of the daycare and has even picked him up in the past albeit on days which she was not supposed to (i.e. on days I was to have him) have him.
Well, that's an easy one for you. You have never, even once, denied her time, correct? You can prove that he is at daycare and she is on the pickup list correct? In that case it should be a slam dunk for you.

You can also counter petition for a custody modification based on "status quo".

Whether or not you should bring up the daycare cost issue honestly depends on exactly how your order is worded, and so far you have not quoted the exact language, you have only paraphrased it. If you want to dig it out and quote it word for word here you will get better responses.

CJane

Whether or not you should bring up the daycare cost issue honestly depends on exactly how your order is worded, and so far you have not quoted the exact language, you have only paraphrased it. If you want to dig it out and quote it word for word here you will get better responses.
But he doesn't want to, apparently. And he gets twitchy when you repeatedly ask for it.

casa

OK the contempt of court citation has the following checked:

to allow Petitioner to visit with the minor child but has refused to do so.

That is what it says verbatim. So she is claiming I have refused to let her visit with our son. Now its even funnier since she is supposed to pick him up from daycare on Tuesdays and has not once picked him up in over a year. How can I keep him from her when I dont even have him during the day when she is supposed to pick him up? She has the address of the daycare and has even picked him up in the past albeit on days which she was not supposed to (i.e. on days I was to have him) have him.
Then SHE will have to appear in court & PROVE she attempted to pick him up for visitation and that you denied her. If she can't do that...she's S.O.L.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">