• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion of Summary Judgment was maoled to me! What should I do

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Senior Member
Please advise..
Dont tell me after I show up for court hearing and they were not there. Found out the hearing was not even listed with civil court yet.
If they mail me another court hearing and this proceed on like last time..there got to be something i can submit against them. I was there for the first hearing! They basically were not honest what they listed on summary judgement
You should be getting a notice of the hearing from the court.

You might want to seek out a personal review from an attorney in your area - through a free/low-cost legal aid clinic, or by purchasing an hour of a lawyer’s time.


Senior Member
You might get a notice, but once the case has commenced, you need to follow the scheduling order already issued and then it is on you to make sure that there has not been any changes. Note, while there are some state-wide resources for checking case scheduling, they are specifically disclaimed as NOT being reliable. You should check with the particular court that your case is in to make sure you are up to date.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential