• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motion to Dismiss Part 2

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ray246

I don't dispute that, however it seems clear from case law that an appointment of free counsel would only stand up in very specific circumstances. The appointed counsel could certainly challenge it, or the opposing party.

Of course, the easiest way to push it through is if no one bothers objecting. That's why I provided the info for OP.
Respondents Motion for Appointment of Attorney was denied by the judge. No objections on my part necessary. Still waiting for the judge to rule on her other three motions.

Ray246

At the end of last year our judge was moved out of family court and a new judge assigned our case. There were no scheduled court dates and the new judge has not touched the case. I'm in no hurry for the judge to pick up the case because I am collecting the support from my ex but I am curious why it hasn't moved. Should I assume the ex hasn't requested the courts move forward? I know a motion to reconsider has 90 days to be decided or it is thrown out. Is there a time limit for a motion to modify to be decided?

Ray246

After a year and a half and 8 different motions filed by the ex the judge came back and denied them all and ordered her to pay a portion of my attorney fees. Thank you to those that provided valuable input.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">