• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motor home on my Property

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

tmikes

Modesto,California Stanislaus county, My grandmother was living in her RV on my property before she passed away. She has left me the RV and I want to sell it but her boyfriend is staying in it. What is the legal way to do this ? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You

LdiJ

Modesto,California Stanislaus county, My grandmother was living in her RV on my property before she passed away. She has left me the RV and I want to sell it but her boyfriend is staying in it. What is the legal way to do this ? Any advice would be appreciated. Thank You

If he won't leave voluntarily then you have to go through the process to evict him.

adjusterjack

What is the legal way to do this ?
Per the CA landlord tenant statutes, if he's lived there for a year or more you have to give him 60 days written notice that his tenancy is terminated. Less than a year - 30 days written notice.

If he doesn't leave by the deadline you'll have to file for eviction through the courts.

zddoodah

She has left me the RV
Was her estate probated or did you follow the small estate procedures to get title transferred into your name?

I want to sell it but her boyfriend is staying in it. What is the legal way to do this ?
Once you get title in your name, you can evict the boyfriend and sell the RV. You might even be able to do the eviction without getting title in your name, but I'd encourage you to retain the services of a local attorney to handle that.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">