• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Motrocycle Title Not Sent to Purchaser

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Corvette

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Tennessee

I purchased a motorcycle from the original owner who still owed on the bike. I acquired the transfer paperwork from the bank and filled it out, had it signed, notarized, and faxed it about two months ago. I have yet to receive the title and only just recently did the original owner receive the lien release. They claim to have sent it but it never arrived and now to get the vehicle I need to cooperation of the original owner to get a duplicate title. Doesn't the bank have a responsibility to handle the paperwork correctly and in a timely manner? If the original owner was not cooperative I would be out of a vehicle. Can I force the bank to fix their mistake or is it up to me to waste both my time and the time of the original owner to cover for the bank.

It's a national bank with no local offices.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">