• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

move-in inspection

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Dan10

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

We just moved into this house on the 31st . We signed a six month lease. The landlord gave us 7 days to fill out a list of present faults at the house and turn it in. I signed it but the property management did not sign it. Should I take the list back to them and have them sign it? What should I do if they refuse to sign it ?

Searchertwin

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? California

We just moved into this house on the 31st . We signed a six month lease. The landlord gave us 7 days to fill out a list of present faults at the house and turn it in. I signed it but the property management did not sign it. Should I take the list back to them and have them sign it? What should I do if they refuse to sign it ?
You your sake, take it back and have them sign it. On it, indicate pictures were taken of what you listed.
If they don't sign it, stand your ground and ask them why they refuse to sign it.

If this doesn't work, tell them you are going to send it by crr letter with pictures enclosed. In the letter, indicate that they refused to sign the paperwork.

On the receipt, anywhere, make a note stating it is a letter of list of repairs which they refused to sign paperwork.
On the envelope, write it in the corner.
This shows that you have a receipt of a letter sent to them at beginning of the tenancy and they would have to provide "something" when it (if), goes to court. Make sure you sign it in ink.

Don't forget to take pictures of repairs and the whole place, you might need it in the end.

HomeGuru

You could also communicate with the principal broker of the property management company. They need to follow the real estate licensing laws.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">