• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

moved from Wa to Ok, no parenting plan, father has had no contact or attempts in 2 yr

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
I do not pretend to be an attorney, because that would be illegal now wouldn't it.
Unless I missed the part that you had to be a law student, retired, or dis-barred attorney, I do not think I have violated the rules.

It's free advice and I posted what I found on some laws.

You do not have to like what I post, but you most certainly cannot tell me that I cannot respond or use this site.
Here is what will happen. If you continue to post things that are incorrect, you will be reported EACH AND EVERY time. If you are reported more than a few times, YOU will be BANNED. Got it? So shut it until you can back up what you state with information relevant to the state the thread starter is in. Oh and if you try to come back with a new user name -- the IP can be banned. Be helpful or be gone.

justtooknotes

I'm not sure if standing my ground is worthy of being banned, but Ok.

I have a hard time understanding why a mother or father cannot see their children if they are not unfit.
People makes mistakes and absent is not unfit, it's stupidity that many parents regret later.

To me the law does not matter, the child best interest is the at stake.
A child should see his/her parent no matter what.

Having said that, if you can tell me how to delete my account I will gladly do that.
I do not desire this type of aggression in my life.

quincy

Justtooknotes. You do not have to delete your account. Just stop posting idioticy. ;)
justtooknotes (and tooknotes and itooknotes) may not have deleted her account but she has deleted her thread about the judge "slamming" her and her 75-year-old attorney for taking notes in court. I have a copy of the thread saved for reference.

Just Blue

justtooknotes (and tooknotes and itooknotes) may not have deleted her account but she has deleted her thread about the judge "slamming" her and her 75-year-old attorney for taking notes in court. I have a copy of the thread saved for reference.
I love ya Quincy!! Good for you!!:cool:

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
There are some things you may not understand, justtooknotes. Most poaters who post here regularly have been here for a while. Most started out with questions of their own - like you - and stayed on afterwards, having educated themselves on the law in general and the laws in their state in particular. And I do stress *educated* themselves.

Myself, for example... I have experience wrt custody and child support in two states. I also put in a lot of time and effort educating myself on the laws on those two states that were applicable. When it comes to discussing those two states, I will add my two cents. Other states? Not so much - I leave it to those who have more knowledge - at most I will ask probing questions to help thoe with more knowledge/experience. Apart from that, I keep to be a bette parent to the child and not allow oneself to get sucked into the anger/bitterness. Not true legal advice, but often helpful. I "get away with it" because I have (a) proven my chops and (b) try not to give imporoper input (and when I DO give the wrong input? I am quick to admit it.). That's all something that came from taking the time to learn the dynamics of the group and how it's run. I liken behavior such as your to walking into someone's home and rearranging their furniture w/o permission.

My advice to you? Simmer dowm, take time to read old posts, learn the dynamic here. And learn what your niche is. Unril then? Hush the muffin.

Proserpina

I do not pretend to be an attorney, because that would be illegal now wouldn't it.
Unless I missed the part that you had to be a law student, retired, or dis-barred attorney, I do not think I have violated the rules.

It's free advice and I posted what I found on some laws.

You do not have to like what I post, but you most certainly cannot tell me that I cannot respond or use this site.

You have posted information that is not just incorrect, but even if it was correct it wouldn't apply here.

How does that help anyone?

Last edited:

Proserpina

I have a hard time understanding why a mother or father cannot see their children if they are not unfit.
One first needs to be a parent if one wishes to parent their child.

People makes mistakes and absent is not unfit, it's stupidity that many parents regret later.
Actually, chronic absence can render one unfit enough to have ones parental rights terminated even if those rights have not yet been spelled out by the court.
Then a parenting group is your best..place. Not a forum where the law does actually matter.

You'd be okay with Little Charlie Manson visiting Pops in prison, then?

Having said that, if you can tell me how to delete my account I will gladly do that.
The way you've phrased certain things is strikingly familiar.

Ever posted pro-father's rights on another forum?

Just curious.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
You'd be okay with Little Charlie Manson visiting Pops in prison, then?
http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/23/us/ohio-manson-grandson/
http://www.details.com/culture-trends/critical-eye/201003/matthew-roberts-biological-father-charles-manson
http://www.biography.com/people/charles-manson-9397912
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/charles-manson-alleged-son-dna-test-court-order-exclusive/

Well he does have children. And even maybe grandchildren.

Proserpina

http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/23/us/ohio-manson-grandson/
http://www.details.com/culture-trends/critical-eye/201003/matthew-roberts-biological-father-charles-manson
http://www.biography.com/people/charles-manson-9397912
http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/charles-manson-alleged-son-dna-test-court-order-exclusive/

Well he does have children. And even maybe grandchildren.

That's why I used him as an example. I would've gone with Gacy except his victims were at least limited to one gender. Manson? Nawt so much.

LdiJ

Standing your ground when you are legally correct is absolutely right. Standing your ground when you don't even understand whether you are legally correct for the state in question, or for the facts of the thread in question, will correctly get you banned.

While you are accurate that people make mistakes and sometimes regret abandoning their children, whether or not they can get a "do over" is highly dependent on state law, case law, and the opinion of the judge based on state law and case law.

And then, there is the whole notion that there could be a great deal of difference between whether a child should "get" to see his/her parent or be "forced" to see his/her parent...which is where "best interests of the child" come into play.

I suspect that even you wouldn't force a 17 year old to see a parent they had never met. Most judges would leave that up to the 17 year old. However, most judges would also force a relationship between a parent and an infant...and every shade of grey between infant and almost adult, based on the actual facts.

It does not appear that you understand the law well enough to deal with those "shades of grey"...and do not understand well enough that state law varies. THAT is why you are being given a hard time on this site.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">