• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MOVING CHILD OUT OF STATE

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

T

TRACYV

I HAVE CUSTODY OF MY 5YR OLD DAUGHTER. HER FATHER AND I WERE NEVER MARRIED AND NOT TOGETHER AFTER HER BIRTH.I AM NOW MARRIED AND HAVE ANOTHER CHILD.MY HUSBANDS CAREER MAY MEAN WE WILL NEED TO MOVE OUT OF STATE.(IN).CAN THE COURTS FORCE US TO STAY HERE,AND OR COULD HER FATHER?

B

birchfieldd

Unless you inform the father ahead of time and he agrees to it, it would be kidnapping, especially if he has visitation rights. I am going through the same thing at this time. I left against court ordered visitation, even though I have primary custody and control, on the papers it says joint though. That is where they got me. I didn't understand all that. Right now all I can hope for is that I don't have residency in the state that I am in, and that I still have residency in the old state, which is where I have been allowed to live. Yes, they can tell you where you can and cannot live. You must notify the courts if your ex contests the fact of you moving. If he does not contest, you are free to go. It isn't easy to be in contempt of court, let me tell you...I don't know what is going to happen to me, or my children. I can only hope that he does not get custody due to my contempt. He is sexually, mentally, and physically abusive. Also, laws vary from state to state, so you need to contact some legal advice on what you should do. Many lawyers will answer some questions on the phone.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">