• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Moving with Sole Custody

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
I don't know the heck what is the matter with you today, but it not fair to the posters. Maybe you should give yourself a break.
I'm simply asking that you try to give correct information instead of guesses and anecdotes.

EDIT: Notice that I said "try". We all make mistakes. Most of us acknowledge them when they happen.

stealth2

Under the Radar Member
At the end of the day, Dad should notice both Mom & the Court of his intended move. He would also be wise to file a proposed visitation plan.

And stop the bickering.

Please explain exactly what you think the difference is between "sole custody" and "full custody."

Whether he has (or will, at some unstated point in the future, have) the ability to move and whether it would be permissible are two different questions, and no one here is in any position to opine intelligently about the former question. As for the latter question, what, if anything, does the operative custody order say about the custodial parent moving with the child? That question has to be answered for an informed response. Also, please explain why an out-of-state move would be preferable to an in-state move.
Hi - he was awarded primary (what I called full) custody after the fifth time the mother moved (and third time into a place with a boyfriend). Not long after that court hearing, she ended up homeless, sometimes living in motels. Dad stopped letting the daughter visit at that point, and his lawyer requested an emergency hearing. At that hearing he was awarded sole custody and the mother was given reasonable visitation but only with the grandmother present.

The Order says about relocating only that, per Code, each party must give 30 days advance written notice to the court and the other party.

Regardless of where he lives, he would keep the daughter connected with the maternal grandmother for sure. In fact, I think he would like to see much more communication between mother and child, but he can only control what he can control.

Yes, I know, he should be the one asking. He is an adult but he also has a crazy busy life and mine is much less so. He DOES have a lawyer and will use the lawyer when the time comes. Still, this forum is very helpful for bouncing ideas off and getting different perspectives. So, thank you.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
Yes, I know, he should be the one asking. He is an adult but he also has a crazy busy life and mine is much less so. He DOES have a lawyer and will use the lawyer when the time comes. Still, this forum is very helpful for bouncing ideas off and getting different perspectives. So, thank you.
Since he has an attorney, he should be speaking to that attorney about this. Your fishing about on the internet doesn't help his specific case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">