• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

MP intervention

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

What is the name of your state?CA

My ex girlfriend has been ruthlessly harassing myself and my parents (probably 10,000 calls). I got an ro, she violated it, they arrested and charged her with PC273.6(A), now she has a warrant for failure to appear ($10,000). They are having a hard time locating her.

My question: she was married to a marine, and still takes their kids to Camp Pendleton (San Diego) for dr's visits etc. Do MP's have any directives in terms of holding someone with an active warrant trying to pass onto the base?
(Obviously, they check EVERYBODY coming on base)

This woman called my 75 year old parents 793 times in the space of a few months, and continues to harass them daily. Help!

HomeGuru

cjbrown929 said:
What is the name of your state?CA

My ex girlfriend has been ruthlessly harassing myself and my parents (probably 10,000 calls). I got an ro, she violated it, they arrested and charged her with PC273.6(A), now she has a warrant for failure to appear ($10,000). They are having a hard time locating her.

My question: she was married to a marine, and still takes their kids to Camp Pendleton (San Diego) for dr's visits etc. Do MP's have any directives in terms of holding someone with an active warrant trying to pass onto the base?
(Obviously, they check EVERYBODY coming on base)

This woman called my 75 year old parents 793 times in the space of a few months, and continues to harass them daily. Help!
**A: and why didn't your parents get a recorded to screen calls, block her number with caller ID or change their phone number months ago?

fozzy2

I doubt they do criminal checks of everyone who enters the base. But at any rate, if the local police want to pursue the matter they can normally serve the warrant themselves and/or contact the base legal office for help. If you know when/where she will be, tell the detectives handling the case, or possibly they can coordinate with the MPs. Alas, even though an arrest warrant is issued, it is not always thoroughly pursued for lesser crimes.

thanks for replies.

Homeguru: parents have caller id; indeed, their setup automatically prints out all incoming calls (they have over 60 pages of calls from her). The ex apparently thinks that if she just DENIES making the calls, someone will believe her despite the fact that 2 restraining orders have been granted.

They have a home based business, so changing their # and going unlisted is not possible.

All I/we need is for her to have some sort of law enforcement contact where the warrant will be acted on. The charges against her are for violating a court order and now FTA.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">