• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

must sell rental house - how much notice?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

zliminator

What is the name of your state? FL

Due to financial problems, I am forced to sell my house which is rented to tenants with a year lease. There is another 9 or 10 months left on the lease. Can I give them a notice? If so, how long? Someone told me it was 15 days.

Thanks for your response.

longneck

do you mean a one-year written lease? no, you can not terminate the lease just because you are selling the house. ask the tenants if they would like to be released from their lease. if they say no, then offer something to make it worth their while, like money.

if you do sell the house with the tenants still in it, then you have to make the buyer aware of that during the transaction. you must also give them whatever deposit money the tenant gave you.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">