• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My divorce was never finalized!?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

alohaleila

What is the name of your state? Hawaii
So I thought I was divorced but appearntly It is supended-I only filed but never finalized. It was in California when I was filing and now I need to finalize but live in Hawaii. What do I need to do to make it final??

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? Hawaii
So I thought I was divorced but appearntly It is supended-I only filed but never finalized. It was in California when I was filing and now I need to finalize but live in Hawaii. What do I need to do to make it final??
How could you have even thought it was final? Please hire a lawyer, you obviously don't know what you are doing.

LdiJ

You could also start over in Hawaii....again with an attorney this time.

You and your current husband will have to marry again, once your divorce is final.

penelope10

You could also start over in Hawaii....again with an attorney this time.

You and your current husband will have to marry again, once your divorce is final.
And make sure you get the final order in your hands, signed and dated by the judge, and showing that the order has been filed with clerk's office. Then remarry.

alohaleila

Not divorced yet?

Hi was your last name Kalima? any way when you filed did they respond? if not the ball is in your court !
When I filed I had "him" sign as well..I paid the clerk and she said there was a court date but we don't need to go since we don't have kids nor assets. So I just assume I was divorced. Mind you I was a kid-only 19-20 and who knows about divorce ..having 2 parts. I thought you file,pay the court the fees and then that was it since we both agreed to the divorce. I was depressed and then just partied trying not to think about ever being married.Now that it is suspened-what do I do or how do I go about getting it filed. If I do it all over again that means I have to pay again...

Shay-Pari'e

When I filed I had "him" sign as well..I paid the clerk and she said there was a court date but we don't need to go since we don't have kids nor assets. So I just assume I was divorced. Mind you I was a kid-only 19-20 and who knows about divorce ..having 2 parts. I thought you file,pay the court the fees and then that was it since we both agreed to the divorce. I was depressed and then just partied trying not to think about ever being married.Now that it is suspened-what do I do or how do I go about getting it filed. If I do it all over again that means I have to pay again...
Did you not read the responses? Hire a lawyer.

CourtClerk

Sounds like you did a joint summary dissolution... I could be wrong, I could be right. However, if I am right, then the only thing left to do is file the judgment and wait for it to be signed. To be sure, you should contact the court and see what has been done and what needs to be done to finish.

Otherwise, you can do what Ld suggested and start over.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">