• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Ex-husband has broken into my bank & e-mail accounts

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

asiny

Yep, I'm completely insane and totally making all this up just because I'm psychotic. It's not as though he hasn't done it before. For anyone who wants a serious answer - it can be considered stalking and domestic violence, but you have to have a paper trail. They need physical evidence rather than just witness accounts. Gmail is much harder to track than Yahoo or Hotmail. You can file a complaint with your local police department.
No. You are not insane, you just do what many people do; make it real easy for someone to find out everything about them.... and well done on acing your Accounting Exam.

Change your password to something your ex- won't guess... even for the security questions.. use different answers as Silverplum eluded to.

CourtClerk

*My* online banking has questions for the "security" for which my H would know the answers. ''What was the name of your first pet?" and "What was the name of your first school?" are not the types of "security questions" that are going to keep out someone in the know.

Unless, of course, one does not give accurate answers to those questions when setting up the account. ;) :D
I don't remember the name of my first pet, but I know that MOST people don't know the name of my first school, which is why I specifically use that security question. In fact, unless you're my mother, sister or a dead relative, you wouldn't know that the elementary school I graduated from was NOT the school I started out in.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">