• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my father

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



my father lives in idaho and i live in utah. several years ago he paid off a car loan for me. i never repaid this loan. subsequently, i purchased a new car but due to my poor credit, the loan had to be made in his name. i made the down payment and paid all of the payments even paying it off several months early. the certificate of title was sent to my father along with a letter from the bank releasing the lien. my father, in turn, put his name on the certificate of title as the new lienholder because of the outstanding debt from the previous car. is this legal? what recourse do i have in dealing with this matter.
Thank you,




Please pay your father back for the first loan. You admit he paid off your first car, and you never paid him back. Yet he was kind enough to help you get a second car. Show your father that you appreciate his kindness, and that he raised a repsonsible and ethical child. That will be worth more to him than the money.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential