• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My mom applied in the non filers stimulus check with the wrong address, help????

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

EROS911

What is the name of your state?California
When my mom applied for the first stimulus check on the non filers stimulus website
she mistyped her address number and so her check never arrived.
when checking on the where is my payment IRS website, it showed that the check is going to be sent on May 15th.
It has passed one month since then and the check never arrived.
So checking her appilication she realized that address is mistyped by one digit and
that address doesn't exist on her address block.
So probably the check was returned by the post office.
I was checking online and you can only correct the address by sending a change of address by regular mail.
On the non filers website there is no place where you can correct this problem either.
Anyone has any idea how to help my mom to straighten out her mistake any other way, I will really appreciated!:cry:

LdiJ

What is the name of your state?California
When my mom applied for the first stimulus check on the non filers stimulus website
she mistyped her address number and so her check never arrived.
when checking on the where is my payment IRS website, it showed that the check is going to be sent on May 15th.
It has passed one month since then and the check never arrived.
So checking her appilication she realized that address is mistyped by one digit and
that address doesn't exist on her address block.
So probably the check was returned by the post office.
I was checking online and you can only correct the address by sending a change of address by regular mail.
On the non filers website there is no place where you can correct this problem either.
Anyone has any idea how to help my mom to straighten out her mistake any other way, I will really appreciated!:cry:
Mailing in the change of address form is the only solution to the problem.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">