• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My neighbor hit my car and disappeared. Please help!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

uno

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? TN

My neighbor hit my car inside our apartment property. He called a police, but he said he was told that police could not get involved the accident happened within private property. I called to my insurance company, but I was told that they could not do anything without a police report. He did not have his insurance. Therefore I had no choice but private settlement.
My neighbor admitted that the accident was totally his fault, so he agreed and signed that he would pay for the repair and rental car, which cost total $1600. Since he did not have insurance, credit card, and even cash, I had to pay for the repair and rental car by myself first. When he paid me back half of the money, he suddenly disappeared. He moved out without even notifying apartment management, and now I can not contact him. The apartment management is also searching him and it seems like they have filed a case. I only know his name, drivers license number, phone and address. What can I do to get my money back from him? Please give me an advice.

ecmst12

You can sue him if you can find him. Personally I think you were lucky to get even half the money from him.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">