• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My Neighbor is Threatening to Kill Our Cat

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

beckybodine

Really, what makes it ok for you to be mean?

I'm trying to do the right thing. Guess it doesn't pay to take the high road. You're mean and your response did nothing but make me lose faith in the inherent goodness of people. Shame on you.

beckybodine

One more thing

The litter box, which has always been in the garage, has been moved to the side of the garage where the kitty door was. Which is now boarded up. Shame on you for coming down on me when I wanted honest advice and answers. Congratulations for making me feel like ****. Hope it was fun.

TinkerBelleLuvr

most cities have leash laws, that can be extended to cats. If someone is threatening my cat, who knows how to use a litter box, I wouldn't be letting my cat out. Then, when the neighbor complains about it being your cat, you can vehemently defend your cat and let him/her know that you KNOW it wasn't your cat because it hasn't been outside.

\There are must some plain ol' mean neighbors that NOTHING will make 'em happy.

VeronicaLodge

i have cats and they go outside (i live in the country) and i have a pet door. but you can bet your bottom dollar if my neighbor was threatening to kill them i would keep them inside 100% of the time and then try and deal with my neighbors.

they might not be right
and i can be as right as the day is long
but i would rather keep my cats alive than "be right"

seniorjudge

i have cats and they go outside (i live in the country) and i have a pet door. but you can bet your bottom dollar if my neighbor was threatening to kill them i would keep them inside 100% of the time and then try and deal with my neighbors.

they might not be right
and i can be as right as the day is long
but i would rather keep my cats alive than "be right"
What else comes in your pet door?

A fellow judge was telling me his dog has a pet door that leads into a fenced area.

One day he came home and his dog proudly displayed in his living room a snake.

Dead, fortunately. (The snake, not the judge or the dog.) :D

pingwen

roaming cats

I've had cats all my life, and none of them have been outdoor cats. All of them have been leash trained, and all of them walked with me on them... Some a little slower than others. I've lived in a small town, in the city, and now in the country. All of my cats have lived to the ripe old age of 18 or older. I lost one last year that was 21.

The life expectancy of an outdoor cat is 5 to 7 years. There are many more hazzards out there for you kitty than just cat hating neighbors. There are cars, dogs, other critters that would like to hurt them, not the least of which are other cats. Keeping them indoors doesn't have to pose any problems, clumping litter can be cleaned very easily on a daily basis. And claws can be clipped. I just use a toenail clipper and, while they don't really like it, they sit passively until it's done.

Whether you like the messenger or not, the first reply was the best one.

Tallrat

I have an outdoor cat that's about 16 yrs old now. He was an outdoor cat when we took him in and he will not stay in the house except during winter. We had real crappy neighbor's for about 5 yrs next door. Complain about everything and there kids were angels while everyone else's were little b@stards. The man told me if he found my cat in yard he would kill it. I told him not to use poison because his dog may eat it and then I gave him my best Jack Nicholson grin. Some people are just difficult. Tell him the cat doesn't always stay in the house and you would be glad to clean up after it if needed.

VeronicaLodge

What else comes in your pet door?

A fellow judge was telling me his dog has a pet door that leads into a fenced area.

One day he came home and his dog proudly displayed in his living room a snake.

Dead, fortunately. (The snake, not the judge or the dog.) :D
hahaha i just saw this. at my old house, my cat used to bring in bunnies, squirrels and birds, sometimes dead sometimes still alive, however, my dog would promptly steal them from the cat and take them back outside to eat them. worked well in tandem.

where i live now, so far, no strange animals have come in.

oh one time at the old house, we went away for the weekend, and left the cats home alone but boarded the dogs. well apparently a neighbor cat was coming in to our house and eating cat food because when we came back and brought dogs back home, cat came in the house the next night and was surprised to find dogs! and I was surprised to find strange cat in my hallway! it never came back again.

VeronicaLodge

I've had cats all my life, and none of them have been outdoor cats. All of them have been leash trained, and all of them walked with me on them... Some a little slower than others. I've lived in a small town, in the city, and now in the country. All of my cats have lived to the ripe old age of 18 or older. I lost one last year that was 21.

The life expectancy of an outdoor cat is 5 to 7 years. There are many more hazzards out there for you kitty than just cat hating neighbors. There are cars, dogs, other critters that would like to hurt them, not the least of which are other cats. Keeping them indoors doesn't have to pose any problems, clumping litter can be cleaned very easily on a daily basis. And claws can be clipped. I just use a toenail clipper and, while they don't really like it, they sit passively until it's done.

Whether you like the messenger or not, the first reply was the best one.
i agree that indoor cats are safer. my cats our now 9 and 14.5 years old so they must be scrappers! and they lived in 2 different states and 4 different houses! poor babies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">