• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

my step son is in trouble..

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Isiah

What is the name of your state? Mn

O.k. to make long story short. My stepson is going to truancy court tomorrow. In Minnesota there are three steps. His mother didn't even to bother to follow through with the first two. She didn't show up to anything. That is what led to the expedited hearing tomorrow. The first hearing was scheduled a week ago and his mother didn't show up for that either. That's also why he has this rescheduled one tommorow.

My husband was not aware of any of this. The raeson he is now aware is because we went to his conference last Tuesday and we were told all this. My stepsons mother also did not show up for his conference either. We also found out that the school he is attending wants him to leave in January. My stepson has done nothing. I mean nothing. He is failing every single class. he is in 10th grade and has no credits for graduation.

my husband WILL be attending the court hearing. What is going to happen to my stepson?
Would it be out of line to ask the judge if he could stay with us? I just want to see him get his life back on track. I just don't believe he can do that at his mothers house. Don't get me wrong. My husband and I get along with her well. He is mad however for not being told what was ACTUAlLY going on. One more thing..Is his mother going to get in trouble at all?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">