• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

My uncle refuses to get in contact with me about my grandmoter's(his mom) will!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.


Junior Member
I have an inquiry about a will that I was put on by my grandmother who passed away in September 2004. She told me I was in her will but her son, my uncle got total charge of it when she died. When I found out about this I tried calling him a handful of times but he never contacted me in any way. A few months ago I mailed him a letter, still no response. What should I do? Who should I contact? The will was developed in New London, Connecticut.

Thanks for your time and help!


Avril Lynn Dudley

Dandy Don

Senior Member
Contact the New London Probate Court yourself at (860) 443-7121 and ask them to do a search to see if a probate file is available for the decedent (you need to know the decedent's name and date of death). If a file is available, you can order copies of the entire probate file by mail so you can see how the estate was handled, and then you will need to consult a probate attorney to determine your next steps.

DANDY DON IN OKLAHOMA ([email protected])

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential