• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Naming Father on Birth Certificate

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

That's my plan.

When I originally posted this, I hadn't contacted Vital Statistics yet but they will need either a court order with specific language regarding paternity (there is none) or an AOP. I first want to check the records at the courthouse to make sure an AOP was not signed by him before filing a petition though.

Or maybe us signing off on the paperwork in front of a notary would be the easiest route? Hadn't thought of that one....I wonder if we have to be present at the same time. Hopefully not. ;)
My advice is to kep trying with the Det. of Vital Statistics , dealing with civil servants is a royal pain in the a## , you'd be suprised the different answers you can recieve depending on who answers your call . Eventually you might find a simple soluton to your problem .

I picked up the AOP forms from the Dept. of Health. You would think since he verbally acknowledged them in court and we have custody papers naming as the father that would be enough but Vital Statistics needs either a court order requesting the name to be changed or an AOP. So I decided the latter would be the easiest way to correct the records and gave the paperwork to my ex for him to complete and have notarized.

Less trouble than going to court. ;)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">