• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Nana going against Parental wishes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

NHfather

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH. what can I do about a GM who refuses to adhere to parents wishes. GM after being told 1000 time not to reveal things to the GK continues to do so in the hopes of turning Children against Me. I'm not going to get into specifics but I will say that what she's telling them is not a lie or anything criminal But it is something Me and Mom have told her not to talk to the Kid's about. I do not have legal custody Mom does. I'm beginning to wonder if Mom is holding GM to our wishes. So if they are just My wishes now and GM refuses to stop, short of a restraining order (but not withstanding one) what can I do legally to stop this? GM has also harassed potential landlords with said info trying to keep Me from moving into the same town ( she thinks I moved to town to fight for custody) I did not move for that I moved there because we live in a rural area and to live in a different town would be harder on the Kid's. In closing let Me repeat she is not lying and it is nothing criminal. It's just something a 5 and 6 year old doesn't need to know PERIOD. so in short do I have a legal right to shut GM up? If so what are those legal rights. If not then what?

Isis1

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH. what can I do about a GM who refuses to adhere to parents wishes. GM after being told 1000 time not to reveal things to the GK continues to do so in the hopes of turning Children against Me. I'm not going to get into specifics but I will say that what she's telling them is not a lie or anything criminal But it is something Me and Mom have told her not to talk to the Kid's about. I do not have legal custody Mom does. I'm beginning to wonder if Mom is holding GM to our wishes. So if they are just My wishes now and GM refuses to stop, short of a restraining order (but not withstanding one) what can I do legally to stop this? GM has also harassed potential landlords with said info trying to keep Me from moving into the same town ( she thinks I moved to town to fight for custody) I did not move for that I moved there because we live in a rural area and to live in a different town would be harder on the Kid's. In closing let Me repeat she is not lying and it is nothing criminal. It's just something a 5 and 6 year old doesn't need to know PERIOD. so in short do I have a legal right to shut GM up? If so what are those legal rights. If not then what?
*sigh*

is this maternal grandmother?

you are non custodial parent. is mom in agreement with children seeing this grandmother? if both parents are in agreement that grandma is breaking a boundary of trust, then by all means you and mom can agree to not allow children to visit grandma without supervision.

NHfather

?2

First off what's with the sigh? Yes it's the Maternal GM. Ex Wife Has Custody and argee's that GM shouldn't speak of such things. But refuses to stop visitation without Moms backing do I have any right to stop visitation?

Proserpina

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? NH. what can I do about a GM who refuses to adhere to parents wishes. GM after being told 1000 time not to reveal things to the GK continues to do so in the hopes of turning Children against Me.
It will be virtually impossible to ensure GM doesn't talk about XYZ subjects to the children. And if it's the truth, it's going to be even MORE difficult to prevent her from doing so.

So, what's going on exactly?

I'm not going to get into specifics but I will say that what she's telling them is not a lie or anything criminal But it is something Me and Mom have told her not to talk to the Kid's about. I do not have legal custody Mom does. I'm beginning to wonder if Mom is holding GM to our wishes. So if they are just My wishes now and GM refuses to stop, short of a restraining order (but not withstanding one) what can I do legally to stop this?
A restraining order for what exactly? :confused:

GM has also harassed potential landlords with said info trying to keep Me from moving into the same town ( she thinks I moved to town to fight for custody)
And you have proof of this, right?

I did not move for that I moved there because we live in a rural area and to live in a different town would be harder on the Kid's. In closing let Me repeat she is not lying and it is nothing criminal.
So she's telling the truth.

It's just something a 5 and 6 year old doesn't need to know PERIOD. so in short do I have a legal right to shut GM up? If so what are those legal rights. If not then what?
No. You have NO legal right whatsoever to restrict GM's speech. What you might want to do is negotiate with Mom so that the children don't go to see GM.

It's difficult to offer more than that if you're unwilling to at least touch on what is actually being said.

Proserpina

First off what's with the sigh? Yes it's the Maternal GM. Ex Wife Has Custody and argee's that GM shouldn't speak of such things. But refuses to stop visitation without Moms backing do I have any right to stop visitation?
No.

Why do you think you can stop visitation?

NHfather

do scotsman wear a DRESS

exactly whats going on is in the title of this reply.

restraining order for abuse My choice in clothing is not something tobe discussed with a 5 & 6 year old.

yes I have My landlords phone records of here call and if need be his testimony.

Yes it's true but XW doesn't want to keep them fron GM's GF more that GM even tries to keep GF close to GM at all times

Isis1

restraining order for abuse My choice in clothing is not something tobe discussed with a 5 & 6 year old.

yes I have My landlords phone records of here call and if need be his testimony.

Yes it's true but XW doesn't want to keep them fron GM's GF more that GM even tries to keep GF close to GM at all times
how is grandma telling the children you wear a dress such an issue for you? do you wear a dress? telling the children such is not abuse.

NHfather

first off let me apologize, Because it was only matter of time before kids learn of this, it is not something I will skirt around either (Pun intended) LOL But the way both Me and Mom know she's telling them is done to hurt and that's abuse (Right?) she has now resorted to showing photo's Not of a sexual nature but risky enough to also be considered abusive (Right?)

Proserpina

Then thank you for humoring us and explaining further.

On which planet does that constitute abuse?! Why is the way you dress such a taboo subject?

You said landlords, plural. Do you mean your landlord, or many landlords? What did she say?

Are you seriously trying to bring forth legal ramifications for GM telling the kids that you're wearing a dress? (as opposed to - presumably - a kilt)

I mean that IS what you're saying, right?

Proserpina

first off let me apologize, Because it was only matter of time before kids learn of this, it is not something I will skirt around either (Pun intended) LOL But the way both Me and Mom know she's telling them is done to hurt and that's abuse (Right?) she has now resorted to showing photo's Not of a sexual nature but risky enough to also be considered abusive (Right?)
You have GOT to be kidding me.

No. Nein. Nyet. Non.

I'm so hoping that you've just had one or two too many single malts and this is nothing but a frivolous little pre-Thanksgiving giggle.

Because the alternative is, frankly, frightening.

NHfather

You have GOT to be kidding me.

No. Nein. Nyet. Non.

I'm so hoping that you've just had one or two too many single malts and this is nothing but a frivolous little pre-Thanksgiving giggle.

Because the alternative is, frankly, frightening.
the alternitive to what GM is doing this in an abusive manner to the children perposely putting it in a bad light. and has now started showing pictures. in the hope of damaging My bond with My kid's. Please do not make light of this it may be off the norm Even way off but the only thing about My dressing that is harmful is the wat GM is telling it to my kids. PERIOD

Proserpina

the alternitive to what GM is doing this in an abusive manner to the children perposely putting it in a bad light. and has now started showing pictures. in the hope of damaging My bond with My kid's. Please do not make light of this it may be off the norm Even way off but the only thing about My dressing that is harmful is the wat GM is telling it to my kids. PERIOD
So why has it been kept under wraps - so to speak - so far? Are you ashamed? Are you trying to hide it? Why have you decided to make it a secret?

And is there a reason why you capitalize the "m" in "my"? :confused:

LdiJ

Are you using euphemisms here?...because if so, that is probably what is confusing us. You wearing a kilt is a cultural thing and should in no way upset the children or cause confusion.

However, if you are a cross dresser, then it gets a lot murkier...and I doubt that any landlords would care about having a kilt wearing scot renting one of their units either.

NHfather

I'm not lieing nor am i trying to keep secrets there isn't anyone (Not even my kids now) that don't know about it. I'm not telling them (should be me in my own way to tell them) now because I don't believe and neither does anyone else including there mother that telling a 5 and 6 isn't something they need to know. and some how your missing the fact that GM is trying to hurt me thrugh my kids. Are you both condoning this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">