• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

NCP Claiming child on taxes

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aleayh01

He can pay the $150 to CSE and then CSE forwards it to you. It does need to be in the order, I believe. Do file the contempt. While you are there, bring up the problem with dad filing the taxes with the child.

Now, you said that dad is on disability. What kind? Most kinds aren't taxable - just curious.
He wont tell me what kind of disability he's on all he did was show the court the paper work. He's 28yrs. I'd like to know what disability he's on too. I think it's a ploy for child support to be lowered. The order states that he is to pay me the 150 directly not through CSE. CSE is not on our order.

wileybunch

He wont tell me what kind of disability he's on all he did was show the court the paper work. He's 28yrs. I'd like to know what disability he's on too. I think it's a ploy for child support to be lowered. The order states that he is to pay me the 150 directly not through CSE. CSE is not on our order.
You don't need for CSE to be on your order. The agency is there to collect child support on behalf of custodial parents and in many states at the request of the NCP if they don't want disputes whether they paid or not. If he is not paying, you can file your own contempt motion through family court at your time and expense. Or you can go through CSE. There are downsides to CSE such as they tend to be slower about getting things moving because they are more thorough about information gathering and they have large caseloads and they can also mess things up (this probably varies by area), but they also have enforcement powers at hand so can garnish wages, tax returns, get licenses (driving, business, professional, etc.) suspended, etc. I'm not suggesting that you do go through CSE at this time, just letting you know you always have that option, it's not something that has to be in your CO.

aleayh01

You don't need for CSE to be on your order. The agency is there to collect child support on behalf of custodial parents and in many states at the request of the NCP if they don't want disputes whether they paid or not. If he is not paying, you can file your own contempt motion through family court at your time and expense. Or you can go through CSE. There are downsides to CSE such as they tend to be slower about getting things moving because they are more thorough about information gathering and they have large caseloads and they can also mess things up (this probably varies by area), but they also have enforcement powers at hand so can garnish wages, tax returns, get licenses (driving, business, professional, etc.) suspended, etc. I'm not suggesting that you do go through CSE at this time, just letting you know you always have that option, it's not something that has to be in your CO.
How do I go about getting payment through CSE because right now he is ordered to pay me directly but I want it through CSE. I know the ncp wont request it. He wants to do it directly to avoid penalties

How do I go about getting payment through CSE because right now he is ordered to pay me directly but I want it through CSE. I know the ncp wont request it. He wants to do it directly to avoid penalties
http://www.ocse.dhr.georgia.gov/portal/site

All Georgia families have access to OCSS services, which include assistance with locating non-custodial parents, confirming paternity, establishing and enforcing child support and medical support orders, and collecting and distributing payments. OCSS also provides the Georgia Fatherhood Services Network and the Access and Visitation Program, both devoted to increasing non-custodial parent involvement in a child’s life.

jmontgomery71

I am currently going through a similar situation except my husband is the NCP. His Ex- tried to say that she had the right to claim their son for the 2007 tax year, but he has been living with us since June of '07.

According to the IRS, the first step in determining who gets to claim the child is to determine who the child resided physically with the longest. The second step if it was 50/50 was who provide the most support financially.

They also stated that it would affect the outcome if it was stated in the divorce/custody that the CP got to claim the child. Also we would need to include the waiver signed by her if possible. If she refused to give it to us then we would have to file and wait for the investigation to determine which one of them was actually able to claim him.

His Ex- finally agreed that we could claim him after I told her what the IRS said and I pointed out how many days she had him vs us. I'm still waiting on that form but not holding my breath.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">