• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice on 401K problem

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



At the beginning of the year my company changed 401k plans. We never received documentation to roll over the old 401k to the new 401k. The money has never been moved and now, when we try to get information, the old 401k company says that our administrator has been changed and they can not locate our account or the money that the employees have put in. The company I work for has filed bankruptcy and has been handling other issues dishonestly. I am worried that my money will never be recovered and that my company may have taken the money. I would like to know if there is someone in government I can report this to, or if I should take legal action.


Senior Member
Write to your State Department of Labor and Employment, the Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation and the US Department of Labor and IRS in Washington, DC.

This is intended as general information only and NOT LEGAL ADVICE. You are not my client, and I have no obligation of any kind to you. To retain a lawyer, go to http://AttorneyPages.com

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential