• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need advice!!!!!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.



What is the name of your state? tennessee

I recently got in an accident and my insurance has lapsed. It was my fault, and I recieved a call from the gentleman that I hit today. He said that he had 4400.00 worth of damage and he drives an old pickup that isn't even worth that much. I want to make arrangements with his insurance to pay but I don't know exactly how to go about the procedure. I don't think the damage is even that bad. What are my rights?


Senior Member
your options are limited. get a copy of the estmate from the other insurance company.

did you notice if there was prior damage to the truck at the spot where you hit it? You can dispute the estimate if it is to repair damage that wasnt caused by the accident.

Ask to meet with the adjuster to look at any photos the insurance company has taken of the truck. You can point out damage you believe was caused by the accident and stuff you claim was there before.

If the estimate is legitimate, try to work out a payment plan with the carrier. Dont let it get to a point where they file a lawsuit and get a judgment.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential