• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Need Advice

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frustrated99

I totally understand this one

I am fighting my own battle with a women I haven't ever even seen. The mother of the child I am dealing with used drugs, slept around and now she is messing with my life. And unfortunatetly this sight must have a lot of women who have nothing better to do than do what they think is funny or be rude. Good luck to you.

BelizeBreeze

Momof3&SMomof3 said:
Question 1: Has anyone ever heard of a judge order the NCP to sign necessary contracts,agreements, payment schedules or other documents necessary to obtain orthodontic treatment?
Since this is the only question asked, and since I'm not in the mood to join the bs party, the answer is yes.

From what you've posted, the excuses, reasons or conditions, there is no reson why a judge would not order such a contract if it falls within the current (or proposed) custody agreement.

And if he does not sign it, then he could be held in contempt.

Now, what does his attorney say about such an agreement?

Shay-Pari'e

frustrated99 said:
I am fighting my own battle with a women I haven't ever even seen. The mother of the child I am dealing with used drugs, slept around and now she is messing with my life. And unfortunatetly this sight must have a lot of women who have nothing better to do than do what they think is funny or be rude. Good luck to you.
Oh give it a rest. Your alcoholic unemployed hubby didn't go to court when he should of, now who created this mess? What? The child shouldn't be supported? You are a real winner lady.

bononos

Shay-Pari'e said:
Oh give it a rest. Your alcoholic unemployed hubby didn't go to court when he should of, now who created this mess? What? The child shouldn't be supported? You are a real winner lady.
Never mind. Had to edit.

Momof3&SMomof3

No where in his divorce decree does it state that he is the one who has to sign contracts. When is the mother CP who has sole physical custody going to take some responsibility. I have 3 kids of my own and I did not tell my ex to come and sign. I signed and billed in half. In fact i shopped around. This CP is asking him to sign a 6000 orthodontic bill for a 10 year old with straight teeth. And i mean straight! She is the parent the dr. Is not in network and she does not care what it costs because she only has to pay 10%. If my husband NCP has to pay that much then he should atleast have a say to which DR. (innetwork) that she should go too. There are tons of ortho Dr's in network. Plus this woman has not worked since the divorce nor does she plan too. My husband is the sole provider for her home. She has 2 degrees perfectly capable of working. It just really ticks me off. NCP has no problem paying for braces if the kids need it. He just wants it too be fair.

Momof3&SMomof3

one more question. since this is basically what she is taking husband back to court for is it really necessary to obtain an attorney? We have documentation that insurance has changed a few times and that we asked her to wait until may /06. And seek an IN-NETWORK provider. Child is only in 5th grade

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Momof3&SMomof3 said:
one more question. since this is basically what she is taking husband back to court for is it really necessary to obtain an attorney? We have documentation that insurance has changed a few times and that we asked her to wait until may /06. And seek an IN-NETWORK provider. Child is only in 5th grade
Mom you don't matter in this. Doesn't matter what you asked her. So take a step back.
Dad doesn't get to dictate and dad is not SUPPORTING the child's mother unless he is paying alimony. Dad is paying child support for the support of HIS child. The court can order this. He should get an attorney. Unless there are stipulations regarding what doctors should be used or who makes the decision on doctors, mom can use any doctor she wishes. As can dad. And mom doesn't have to put off healthcare for the kids just because YOU ask her too.

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Momof3&SMomof3 said:
No where in his divorce decree does it state that he is the one who has to sign contracts. When is the mother CP who has sole physical custody going to take some responsibility.

She is taking responsibility. She is the one who is there day to day raising the child.

I have 3 kids of my own and I did not tell my ex to come and sign. I signed and billed in half. In fact i shopped around. This CP is asking him to sign a 6000 orthodontic bill for a 10 year old with straight teeth. And i mean straight! She is the parent the dr. Is not in network and she does not care what it costs because she only has to pay 10%. If my husband NCP has to pay that much then he should atleast have a say to which DR. (innetwork) that she should go too. There are tons of ortho Dr's in network.

Does the order say that dad gets to dictate? Mom gets a decision of who cares for her children as well. YOU on the other hand have NO say.

Plus this woman has not worked since the divorce nor does she plan too.

Not your business. Not at all. This woman can do whatever she wants to do. You need to butt out.

My husband is the sole provider for her home.

Unless your husband is paying alimony to her in an amount that covers all of her bills and is in addition to the child support then you are full of it. Dad is paying CHILD SUPPORT. Mom probably has other means of supporting her household or she is living EXTREMELY inexpensively.

She has 2 degrees perfectly capable of working.

Again, NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS!

It just really ticks me off. NCP has no problem paying for braces if the kids need it. He just wants it too be fair.
Fair is what the court order requires. That is all.
You need to butt out. Love your stepchildren but don't put yourself in the midst of this where you believe mom is evil. You have no rights to make judgments on mom. Anything negative you say about this woman or any negative action or feeling that is conveyed to this woman by you reflects negatively on your husband.

Momof3&SMomof3

Some of you people are obviously CP's . I too am a mother of 3 and also a CP. I would have never seeked any expensive care without first conferring with my ex-spouse. It is just good parenting to make sure that both of us can afford the care at the time. This is a life threatening event. The child was 8 at the for petes sake waiting a year isn't going to affect the child in anyway.

I have never spoken an evil word to this woman or to my husbands children. The one doing all the bashing is the mother and has the entire 4 years of our marriage. You don't know my husband for that matter and shouldn't make judgements on him either.

If this CP was a good CP then she would have taken her kids to get their cavities filled. But poor mom has no money. Oh please you people need to grow up. Two years while she dragged the divorce out everything was paid for. My husband loved his children so much that he gave the house to her. Plus 10 grand of his 401k. Not to mention once the divorce was final he gave her 100 bucks so that she could put her kids x-mas presents on layaway for her. While he of course still bought gifts from him as well. He took most bills except those she charged up during divorce. He agreed to pay part of her att. fees. Judge didn't order this he got tired of fighting and wanted it done and over with. His att. fees were well over 15000. He walked away with just his suitcase. She is not married, so no other income is coming into her home. I don't give a rats a$$ how she spends her money. My husband is tired of her calling and crying that she doesn't have any money. Or the kids coming over and saying how bad their Dad is because he doesn't give mommy any money.Or if your Dad loved you he would be here every day. She has everyone in her neighborhood and church feeling sorry for her. I can only imagine the lies she's told throughout the years. But who cares thank god we live 75 miles away. The family across the street pays for her 500 membership fee to a swim club.

She received alimony for 3 years at just over 600. No problem husband agreed and no one is bitter about it. The point is, enough is enough.... She is not remarried. Husband pays his support and paid his alimony. Plus thousands in therapy, trips, church functions, prom, shoes, bikes, nintendo, 5 guitars. Basically everything because she has no money. And don't say I am bitter. Because I love his kids and seeing their happy faces makes it worth it. The point is the judge yelled at her many times in court and told her to get job. the NCP isn't the only one here who should be held responsible. It takes two people two make the kids and two people should be supporting them. And for your information, the court order states that she is to use all inecessary insurance and doesn't mean that she can go out of network. NCP pays 90 % so she must stay in network and if she does not then she is to pay the difference. PERIOD! So is he being unreasonable, I don't think so. Why would he sign a contract for an out of network Dr. Pay the enormous amount. When she could have gone in network and saved a couple of thousand of dollars. sounds reasonable to me. This is the same woman who a year ago took kids to dentist between 3 kids they have a total of 18 cavities. To this date she hasn't taken them back. Why because she has no money. Dr. again was out of network. Predertmination letter states parent resp. is approx. 900 Well if this woman would have gone in network it would have been only 90 bucks. We would have gladly givin our 81 dollars. She isn't taking us to court over that, because she knows that she is wrong. she has to go within his network**************

2 degrees and she claims she can't work because she's a full time student. Well last semester she went 2 nights a week. Do you want to know how I know this. Because on one of the nights every Thursday night while she attends school. My husband drives straight from work brings dinner for his 3 kids and stays the 3 hours. Leaves at 8:30 to take the hour and a half drive home. All to get up the next morning at 4 am to work 50-60 hours a week so that she can stay home during the day while kids are in school so that she can save enough energy to go to school two nights a week.

Are there any NCP's on this board who can give me some decent advice or are you all CP's who sit at home and enjoy the free money.

I receive support for my children and I have never treated their father like a second class citizen and meeting this CP is an embarrassment to women. And it sounds like some of you are the same as she.

Thank you for those of you who responded matter of factly and nicely. I Appreciate it very much. I'm not at all concerned with the negative on this site. Because they are just very bitter over what has happened in their own divorce. OR they just hate life in general.

Last edited:

Zephyr

Momof3&SMomof3 said:
Some of you people are obviously CP's . I too am a mother of 3 and also a CP. I would have never seeked any expensive care without first conferring with my ex-spouse. It is just good parenting to make sure that both of us can afford the care at the time. This is a life threatening event. The child is 8 for petes sake waiting a year isn't going to affect the child in anyway.

that is between mom and dad

I have never spoken an evil word to this woman or to my husbands children. The one doing all the bashing is the mother and has the entire 4 years of our marriage. You don't know my husband for that matter and shouldn't make judgements on him either.

it's great that you are able to take the high road, more people should- but what does it have to do with anything

If this CP was a good CP then she would have taken her kids to get their cavities filled. But poor mom has no money. Oh please you people need to grow up. Two years while she dragged the divorce out everything was paid for. My husband loved his children so much that he gave the house to her. Plus 10 grand of his 401k. Not to mention once the divorce was final he gave her 100 bucks so that she could put her kids x-mas presents on layaway for her. While he of course still bought gifts on their own. He took most bills except those she charged up during divorce. He agreed to pay part of her att. fees. Judge didn't order this he got tired of fighting and wanted it done and over with. His att. fees were well over 15000. He walked away with just his suitcase. He should be rewarded not called an alcohlic. She is not married, so no other income is coming into her home. I don't give a rats a$$ how she spends her money. My husband is tired of her calling and crying that she doesn't have any money. Or the kids coming over and saying how bad their Dad is because he doesn't give mommy any money. She has everyone in her neighborhood and church feeling sorry for her. I can only imagine the lies she's told throughout the years. But who cares thank god we live 75 miles away. The family across the street pay her 500 fee a year for a membership to a swim club.

none of this is relevant to any legal proceedings

She received alimony for 3 years at just over 600. No problem husband agreed and no one is bitter about it. The point is, enough is enough.... She is not remarried. Husband pays his support and paid his alimony. Plus thousands in therapy, trips, church functions, prom, shoes, bikes, nintendo, 5 guitars. Basically everything because she has no money. And don't say I am bitter. Because I love his kids and seeing their happy faces makes it worth it. The point is the judge yelled at her many times in court and told her to get job. the NCP isn't the only one here who should be held responsible. It takes two people two make the kids and two people should be supporting them. And for your information, the court order states and michigan law states that she is to use all inecessary insurance and doesn't mean that she can go out of network. NCP pays 90 % so she must stay in network and if she does not then she is to pay the difference. PERIOD! So is he being unreasonable, I don't think so. Why would he sign a contract for an out of network Dr. Pay the enormous amount. When she could have gone in network and saved a couple of thousand of dollars. sounds reasonable to me. This is the same woman who a year ago took kids to dentist between 3 kids they have a total of 18 cavities. To this date she hasn't taken them back. Why because she has no money. Dr. again was out of network. Predertmination letter states parent resp. is approx. 900 Well if this woman would have gone in network it would have been only 90 bucks. We would have gladly givin our 81 dollars. She isn't taking us to court over that, because she knows that she is wrong. she has to go within his network**************

if dad feels she is being neglectful, then he needs to take her back to court, if he feels he is paying too much cs, then he needs to ask for a recalc.....I don't know what you want from us- we can't fix this for you

2 degrees and she claims she can't work because she's a full time student. Well last semester she went 2 nights a week. Do you want to know how I know this. Because on one of the nights that she attends school. My husband yes the alcoholic that you like to refer to him as. Drives straight from work brings dinner for his 3 kids and stays the 3 hours. Leaves at 8:30 to take the hour and a half drive home. All to get up the next morning at 4 am to work 50-60 hourse a week so that she can stay home during the day while kids are in school so that she can save enough energy to go to school two nights a week.

dad makes the choice to do that- he is certainly not obligated to

Are there any NCP's on this board who can give me some decent advice or are you all CP's who sit at home and enjoy the free money.

I receive support for my children and I have never treated their father like a second class citizen and meeting this CP is an embarrassment to women. And it sounds like some of you are the same as she. I feel sorry for you people and one day.

Thank you for those of you who responded matter of factly and nicely. I Appreciate it very much. I'm not at all concerned with the negative on this site. Because they are just very bitter over what has happened in their own divorce. OR they just hate life in general.

Look the thing is there is not much to the situation that he can legally do anything about, and obviously she does not treat her ex they way you treat yours- AGAIN we cannot fix that for you, dad can stop giving mom extra money, and stop helping out in other ways too- he is not obligated to provide anything other than what the court has deemed necessary- maybe if he quit bailing her out- she would realize she has to make some changes

Ohiogal

Queen Bee
Momof3&SMomof3 said:
Some of you people are obviously CP's . I too am a mother of 3 and also a CP. I would have never seeked any expensive care without first conferring with my ex-spouse. It is just good parenting to make sure that both of us can afford the care at the time. This is a life threatening event. The child was 8 at the for petes sake waiting a year isn't going to affect the child in anyway.

Actually I am a family law attorney. I was giving you good advice. You don't like it so you can't deal with it.

Nope don't know your husband. But if you bash her on here then your attitude may convey in real life. It happens more often than you realize apparently.

If this CP was a good CP then she would have taken her kids to get their cavities filled. But poor mom has no money. Oh please you people need to grow up. Two years while she dragged the divorce out everything was paid for. My husband loved his children so much that he gave the house to her.

His mistake if he GAVE her the house.
Plus 10 grand of his 401k.

She is entitled to a portion of the retirement that accrued during the marriage. That is LAW.

Not to mention once the divorce was final he gave her 100 bucks so that she could put her kids x-mas presents on layaway for her. While he of course still bought gifts from him as well.

His decision which he made.

He took most bills except those she charged up during divorce. He agreed to pay part of her att. fees. Judge didn't order this he got tired of fighting and wanted it done and over with.

His decision.

His att. fees were well over 15000. He walked away with just his suitcase.

His decision.

She is not married, so no other income is coming into her home.

She doesn't get student loans or any other income or aid from anywhere? Apparently she is good on child support then which is to be used to support the children. Unless your hubby pays alimony.

I don't give a rats a$$ how she spends her money. My husband is tired of her calling and crying that she doesn't have any money. Or the kids coming over and saying how bad their Dad is because he doesn't give mommy any money.Or if your Dad loved you he would be here every day.

So why does he give her more money? Why does he cave? He can tell her to get a job if she wants to whine to him about money.

She has everyone in her neighborhood and church feeling sorry for her. I can only imagine the lies she's told throughout the years. But who cares thank god we live 75 miles away. The family across the street pays for her 500 membership fee to a swim club.

So what? Why do you CARE that she is on a pity party?it doesn't change your husband's obligation to support his kids by paying child support and following the court order.

She received alimony for 3 years at just over 600. No problem husband agreed and no one is bitter about it. The point is, enough is enough.... She is not remarried. Husband pays his support and paid his alimony. Plus thousands in therapy, trips, church functions, prom, shoes, bikes, nintendo, 5 guitars. Basically everything because she has no money. And don't say I am bitter. Because I love his kids and seeing their happy faces makes it worth it. The point is the judge yelled at her many times in court and told her to get job. the NCP isn't the only one here who should be held responsible. It takes two people two make the kids and two people should be supporting them. And for your information, the court order states that she is to use all inecessary insurance and doesn't mean that she can go out of network.

Does the court order state that she MUST use in-network providers because legally it is different to state that she is to use all necessary insurance.
NCP pays 90 % so she must stay in network and if she does not then she is to pay the difference. PERIOD!

Oh really? DOES THE COURT ORDER STATE THAT SPECIFICALLY? IF SO then make her pay it and take her to court on it.

So is he being unreasonable, I don't think so. Why would he sign a contract for an out of network Dr. Pay the enormous amount. When she could have gone in network and saved a couple of thousand of dollars. sounds reasonable to me. This is the same woman who a year ago took kids to dentist between 3 kids they have a total of 18 cavities. To this date she hasn't taken them back. Why because she has no money. Dr. again was out of network. Predertmination letter states parent resp. is approx. 900 Well if this woman would have gone in network it would have been only 90 bucks. We would have gladly givin our 81 dollars. She isn't taking us to court over that, because she knows that she is wrong. she has to go within his network**************

2 degrees and she claims she can't work because she's a full time student. Well last semester she went 2 nights a week. Do you want to know how I know this. Because on one of the nights every Thursday night while she attends school. My husband drives straight from work brings dinner for his 3 kids and stays the 3 hours. Leaves at 8:30 to take the hour and a half drive home. All to get up the next morning at 4 am to work 50-60 hours a week so that she can stay home during the day while kids are in school so that she can save enough energy to go to school two nights a week.

Your bitterness is showing. You have been given LEGAL advice by at least two attorneys according to the LAW based on the information you orginally provided!

I receive support for my children and I have never treated their father like a second class citizen and meeting this CP is an embarrassment to women. And it sounds like some of you are the same as she.

Good for you. You would think you were normally mature until you make comments like above about CPS sitting at home then you sound like a jealous bitter witch.
Or they could be quoting legally the way it can go and you don't like to hear the legal standing based on the information you originally provided but rather wanted to hear only that which suits your opinion. Good for you.

Momof3&SMomof3

No I am not coming off as a jealous bitter person. I am just giving everyone insight. And there already is a court date in place. The ex is taking my husband to court to compel the courts to make him the responsible party of the ortho bill. Since ortho is a long term care all my husband wanted was for her to wait till new insurance starts on May1st. This new insurance will not cover out of network providers. I can't see a judge make the NCP pay 90% of 6000 when the new insurance shows that if she chooses a DR in plan out of pockets cost will be 3225. NCP obviiously would want to spend that instead of 6000. We arn't talking 1 kid here, there are 2 kids who need braces. Since when does the NCP have to sign contracts? As everyone states since she is the one who can make whatever decision she wants the shouldn't she just sign the contracts. PLease!!!

I took on the responsibility to take my kids to receive care, i take care of their daily living, I have never once pushed my responsibilty onto my ex. If she wants the braces why can't she sign the contracts pay her monthly portion and forward the bill to us.

I guess that we will leave it up to the judge. This woman lied to her last attorney and the judge yelled at her last year for a similar situation regarding contracts and using in Net-work providers.

I am asking these questions for my husband and that's it, any legal advice I can give him regarding the situation that he is about to walk into will only help him decide whether or not he needs an attorney.

CP is also asking for an increase in support. we are asking that the oldest who is over 18 be dropped because in 4 years of highschool he has only earned 8.5 credits. The school he is in kicks them out at 19 and there is no way that he is going to get 13.5 credits next school year.

LdiJ

Momof3&SMomof3 said:
No I am not coming off as a jealous bitter person. I am just giving everyone insight. And there already is a court date in place. The ex is taking my husband to court to compel the courts to make him the responsible party of the ortho bill. Since ortho is a long term care all my husband wanted was for her to wait till new insurance starts on May1st. This new insurance will not cover out of network providers. I can't see a judge make the NCP pay 90% of 6000 when the new insurance shows that if she chooses a DR in plan out of pockets cost will be 3225. NCP obviiously would want to spend that instead of 6000. We arn't talking 1 kid here, there are 2 kids who need braces. Since when does the NCP have to sign contracts? As everyone states since she is the one who can make whatever decision she wants the shouldn't she just sign the contracts. PLease!!!
Look...since your husband is going to be 90% responsible for the bill its VERY likely that the judge will order him to be the one to sign the contract. Period. Live with that.

However, its also very reasonable for your husband to want things to wait until the insurance kicks in, and to use an in-network provider. Therefore, if there are in-network providers WHERE MOM LIVES its quite likely that a judge would agree with your husband on that issue.

I took on the responsibility to take my kids to receive care, i take care of their daily living, I have never once pushed my responsibilty onto my ex. If she wants the braces why can't she sign the contracts pay her monthly portion and forward the bill to us.
Just because you do things one way does not mean that the law compells her to do the same.

I guess that we will leave it up to the judge. This woman lied to her last attorney and the judge yelled at her last year for a similar situation regarding contracts and using in Net-work providers.
Then odds are the judge will make her use an in-network provider again.

I am asking these questions for my husband and that's it, any legal advice I can give him regarding the situation that he is about to walk into will only help him decide whether or not he needs an attorney.
If mom has an attorney its really better if he also has one.

CP is also asking for an increase in support. we are asking that the oldest who is over 18 be dropped because in 4 years of highschool he has only earned 8.5 credits. The school he is in kicks them out at 19 and there is no way that he is going to get 13.5 credits next school year.
I sincerely doubt that the judge will drop the 18 year old yet....maybe once he actually hits 19 and the school kicks him out, but odds are your husband is going to lose on that one.

rmet4nzkx

Shay-Pari'e said:
Let me guess****************************..

I will die after an altercation with a resident of a retirement community,when I am beaten with an oxygen tank and dragged through the complex by a convoy of personal mobility vehicles.
?
I checked with the FA Crystal Ball,

Good news!
You will not be beaten with an Oxygen tank and dragged by a PMV.
BAD news is that on a field trip to the wineries, you will insist on stomping grapes in your old age and drown in a vat of new wine while singing,
"Tiny Bubbles,
In the Wine.
Mekes me happy,
Makes me feel fine......!"
You should have gone to the Outlet Mall instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">